help me....private account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gary, Jul 10, 2000.

1. Gary

Gary Guest

I need an account that I can pay a sum of about £10000 ($15000) in to but due to what it is concerning I don't want the account to lead to me. If my ex-wife has any leads to me at all then I will be dead. I have about 1 month to sort this out and get this payment in. There will be a wire transfer in to this account and then I will use a cheque/wire transfer to take the payment out.
    Does anybody have any ideas?
    Please help.

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Instead of all of that fuss, why don't you just go buy travellers checks. If you pay for them in cash, you don't have to show any ID. They are easily negotiable as well.

You give up on earning interests, and it will cost you about 1%, but they are relatively anonymous and if you keep the receipts in a safe place, are replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed.

3. Gary

Gary Guest

It will be a wire transfer, not cash. If it was cash it wouldn't be a problem but I haven't got that option.

4. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Just have a friend you trust open an account and wire it into there.

Gary wrote:
    -------------------------------
    It will be a wire transfer, not cash. If it was cash it wouldn't be a problem but I haven't got that option.

5. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Open a Corporate Account

A corporation is a seperate entity, your debts can not be attatched to funds in the Corp's name.

Get a NV. or DE. corp within 1 week, and open the account up in the name of the Corp.
    You can also get a EIN # over the phone with the IRS the same day, which helps to open the account up at the bank.

F--K the "Friend" idea, friends come and go.
    Like my Father always said "Own Nothing, Control Everything"!

6. Kathie

Kathie Guest

You refer to the money in pounds, so I am assuming you are from the UK. There are several offshore banks in the Carribean that have absolute privacy rules. Do a web search for private banking and you will find several sources. Antigua is a good place to start.

7. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Sorry, but he want's nothing tracable to him. A Corp whether behind the sheild or not can be poured over by a court if the Mrs. Finds out.

I have plenty of GOOD friends that I would trust such an issue to.

Michael wrote:
    -------------------------------
    A corporation is a seperate entity, your debts can not be attatched to funds in the Corp's name.

Get a NV. or DE. corp within 1 week, and open the account up in the name of the Corp.
    You can also get a EIN # over the phone with the IRS the same day, which helps to open the account up at the bank.

F--K the "Friend" idea, friends come and go.
    Like my Father always said "Own Nothing, Control Everything"!

8. Gary

Gary Guest

So what am I going to do?

9. Michael

Michael Guest

Open the Corporate Account.

A corporate Account also can be opened and controlled by a lawyer. Serch the web for these corporate agents, and I'm sure they could give you some leads to lawyers they work with.

If the lawyer opens the account up it is then PROTECTED as Attorney Client Priveledge, and NO ONE can violate that, also your name would never appear on any document!

Stay away from Antigua, the Chanel Islands have ZERO RISK, all of the banks there are branches of the most respectable international banks in the world Standard Chartered, Barclays, Royal Bank of Canada, not so in the Caribbean!

10. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: VERY RISKY

Kathy,
    I am not only British, but also Canadian, with a former U.S. Green Card.

I wonder about your advise to tell someone to go to the riskiest area in the world to invest money???

Antigua banks go bust all the time, Your last two postings are making me shake my head at your silly advise regarding the Residency question on forms, and now this??

11. Kathie

Kathie Guest

RE: VERY RISKY

And giving legal advise when you obviously are not an attorney is wreckless. Antigua, like other countries who rely on confidential banking laws for their livlihood, have many years of solid history. Choosing a bank in this region would depend on investigating the history of the institution. I can name a dosen banks in the US that have gone bellyup in the last six months, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't bank in the US. Filing a US corporation requires disclosing who the principal partners are, if you are trying to hide this is not the way. Any marginal attorney could pierce the corporate veil to show that he was merely trying to avoid what is probably a judgement owed to his ex-wife.

12. Gary

Gary Guest

RE: Antigua - Kathie

What bank would you advise then?

13. Michael

Michael Guest

Stick with a KNOWN CLASS A BANK!

If Kathie likes the Caribbean so much then why not point to barclays or Scotia Bank in areas like the Bahamas, or Cayman Islds.

14. Kathie

Kathie Guest

Gary,
    Here are a few sites for you to look at. You should do a search based on what your situation is. Granted, just like the US and the UK (only not so much) not all banks are ones you want to do business with. Keep in mind that small countries, like Antigua, Cayman Islands, Belize, Isle of Man, etc. have economies that depend on their banking reputations for honesty, stability, and confidentiality. Pick an offshore bank like you would at home, by reputation and assets.

www.Britex.com
    www.passthrough.com
    www.antiguanet.net
    www.tridenttrust.com (a good overview)

Good Luck............

15. Kathie

Kathie Guest

RE:read above post to Gary

See my post above. Barclays, as you know, is chartered in the UK, I assume he doesn't want it so close to home. There are many choices in the Carribean that specialize in confidential banking, he just needs to do a little homework.

16. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: JUST REMEMBER 1 THING

Remember the fact that NO OFFSHORE bank account is Insured!

Even Barclays in the Channel Islds. is not insured like a U.K. Bank account in London.

Therefore You take a big risk with unknown banks in small islands. However banks like Barclays, Scotia Bank, and Citibank are very safe no matter where the account is held.

No matter which jurisdiction you open the account in, just open it with a well known bank!

17. Kathie

Kathie Guest

And your point is well taken. I believe his first concern is confidentiality, so local banks that have disclosure requirements really are not going to be of much help. With a little homework he can find an offshore bank that will be very trustworthy and accomplish what he is after. The insurance of accounts in the US didn't help the people who lost millions in the Savings and Loan disasters of the 1980s, but if you have less than $100,000 then you are right, your money is safer here.

18. William Wa

William Wa Guest

Kathie:

1) Savings & Loans were not banks, so they were not FDIC insured.

2) Closely held Nevada corporations do not report share holder information to the state. The state does not ask for, nor does it store or want, shareholder information.

http://www.corpmakers.com/ has the lowest cost way of setting up a NV corp, which is permissable for 100% foreign owned corporations as well. However, be aware, that US Banks DO report all large money transactions to the USG.

19. Kathie

Kathie Guest

FSLIC insured S&Ls

You are correct, the FDIC insures banks. The taxpayers got hosed by the S&Ls because they were insured under FSLIC. The S&Ls that were spared liquidation converted to banks under the supervision of the gov't. Regardless, funds at most istitutions are only insured to $100K. Individual states, like Nevada, may not require disclosure of the individual principals but the IRS sure does. I just think starting a corporation to avoid what sounds like a judgement is risky business.

20. Gary

Gary Guest

Not getting anywhere

Thank you but this isn't getting us (well, me) anywhere