Help me stick it to Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Steve A, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Steve A

Steve A Guest

As many of you know I am suing Equifax in Federal District Court over their reporting of simultaneous "I5" and zero balances on credit reports. I am maintaining there is an obligation to update status and report accurately and completely. Therefore, it is impossible to be both 120 days past due and have a zero balance. If they mean that one was 120 days past due, it violates the obligation to update status even if it was true. I have found people unwilling to provide copies of their credit reports for me to take into court. I now realize there is something much better available. It works like this. I will do up what is called a DECLARATION in a legal pleading format. If you are willing to email me with either 1) a fax number, 2) your home address, or 3) an email address (but you have to be microsoft Word compatible because I will include the declaration as an attachement in that format); then I will get you the declaration for your signature. This would be of great help in my trial. Signing this is like standing up in trial and testifying except you don't actually have to go into trial. If I lose this, this would set a very bad precedent for consumers. If I win,it will be a great victory for consumers (and me too).

Steve Anderson
    stephen_m_anderson@msn.com

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Re: Help me stick it to Equifa

I also have an entry on my Equifax that lists as an I5, yet is paid in full. I didn't know it was wrong. Well, if I can be of any help, let me know. I am sending you an email now.

Dustin

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

what about this?

Citibank NA Student
    Status I5
    Previous payment history: 1 time 90+ days late
    Previous status: 11/96 I5
    Balance $0
    Student Loan
    Date of last activiy 4/95

and

Unipac
    Status I5
    Previous payment history: 1 time 60 days late; 9 times 90+ days late
    Previous status: 5/98 - I5; 4/98- I5; 3/98 - I5
    Balance $0
    Student Loan
    Paid Collection
    Date of last activity 6/97

Is this what your talking about? What should these be listed as?

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: what about this?

Steve,

Does this count for other status codes as well? I have a Sears account that I settled for less than the full balance and is still reporting an I9 status.

Sears
    Balance=$0
    DOLA=7/97
    Status=I9
    Last reptd.=02/01

I also have a student loan account listed as an I5 with a $0 balance. It was closed in 5/97.

If so, please let me know and I will e-mail you.

Thanks,

Erica

5. Steve A

Steve A Guest

Re: what about this?

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. I5 with zero balance. If it is a student loan that is even better.