help me understand this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura in T, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Laura in T

Laura in T Guest

My husband has an MBNA credit card from 1995 with a $200 limit, has never been late. Has tried to increase his line over and over with no results. We pulled a worthknowing.com report about 3 wks ago. He has our mortgage never late, his truck to GMAC for $547 a month, never late, Sears card limit is $3000 balance $0, Lowe's limit $4500 bal $1600. So we applied for a Juniper card got $18,000 limit. Applied for an Associates card (Big Sur aka Oak Express) for new furniture got $6000 limit. Requested increase from Sears limit now $9000. He has ZERO collections, ZERO lates and ZERO negatives on his file!! What is up with MBNA??? They won't budge the $200? Should we cancel it?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Did you try to apply for a new MBNA product?

3. Laura in T

Laura in T Guest

NO he hasnt.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh course you should cancel. It is a useless account compared with all of your other accounts. Less is better with credit accounts. Aim for 2-3.

roni

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

He doesn't need a $200 card. Get rid of it.

6. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Very confused,Doris K had $100,000 on MBNA
    credit limits.Don't know what MBNA criteria.

7. Brandon

Brandon Guest

A lot of it depends on why they declined the credit increase. What did the letter say? If it was because of too many credit cards then I would close it. If it stated because of delinquent accounts then you need to dispute it.

8. Kev

Kev Guest

Herman,
    Doris K. also said she had almost that amount tied up in CDs with that bank if I remember right!!!