help please.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by me, Oct 6, 2000.

1. me

me Well-Known Member

Ok, what happened is that the accounts were sent from the original creditor to a collection agency. I hadn't paid the collection agency and the creditor got the debt back and sent it to a different collection agency. I have arranged with the second agency to pay them the debt. My question is can I get the other collection agency off of my credit report since the debt is no longer with them?

2. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Yes And No

Hi Me:
    Well the â??technicalâ? answer is no, but in the real world perhaps (probably). You see collection agents exist by whether or not money is recovered; so most of them donâ??t waste time if the account has been pulled, and a CRA challenge comes in. Thus youâ??ve a pretty good likelihood the first collection agent account will drop resulting from a CRA dispute, because it probably will consider the effort a waste of time.

I suggest two thingsâ?¦ Donâ??t dispute directly with the first agent, and make certain the one youâ??ve cut the payment deal with agrees to some sort of CBR redress if possible.

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor