HELP!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?(cance

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Charles, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Guest

Ok,
    i myself and not my wife filled for bankruptcy last year and me and my wife had joint of a vechile. But the bankruptcy took me off of it. We sent off for our credit reports recently and on them is states in the RECENT BALANCE/RECENT PAYMENT collum ( $0 / paid as of 3-2000 ) and in the COMMENTS collum is says ( included in bankruptcy/never late ) and its like that on all of our credit report for all 3. But yet the lean holder still has the title to the car. Now if we wanted to trade the car in will there if anything happen in result of that. Any input would be helpful in this situation.
    Thank you.

2. lisa

lisa Guest

RE: HELP!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?(c

When you file bankruptcy and you have a joint account--you don't automatically get taken off the loan. The only way to get yourself off is to refinance. As to the rest of your post--I have no idea what you are asking.

3. lisa

lisa Guest

Oh, and the lien holder will not release the clear title to you until you PAY THEM OFF. Just because you file bankruptcy does not mean you do not owe the money anymore on a secured loan.

4. Charles

Charles Guest

(to lisa) but we don't get any mail or anything from the lean holder not even a phone call, and we haven't made a payment on the can since may last year.

5. lisa

lisa Guest

If you file bankruptcy, your creditors are prohibited from sending anything to your house (which includes statements) without your written permission. I suggest you call your lien holder and try to work out payment arrangements (they may settle for a lower $$ amount). They definitely will not release the lien unless you pay them.
    **If this was the case, everyone would be filing bankruptcy so they wouldn't have to pay their car loan or mortgage**

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Did you use an attorney when you filed? I thought you were suppose to be made aware of some of these things. Lisa is doing a nice job of explaining though....

roni

7. Charles

Charles Guest

( to roni )yes i did you one and he just told me that if i get any notices just let him know and he would take care of is

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My friend's attorney did the same thing. She was clueless. I guess this is how they do things huh?

roni

9. Charles

Charles Guest

i guess roni