help!where do i start

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Sep 9, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Well-Known Member

received my experien credit report 13 neg 12 pos Some accounts included in ch 7 bk are showing uo as write offs.Previous address listed as residentual it was my buisness address,former employee listed as my daughters name instead of paul's food mart Bk listed as individual even though bk list my name and paul's food mart.Can i dispute any of these and if so How? What do i state in the letter?Never done any of this stuff so i don't have a clue! All the late 30 day late pays are true.Can anyone help me get started?Thanks

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

go dispute them online. Dispute everything as not mine. Simple..

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Was Paul's Food Mart a corporation or just private ownership?

That would make a big difference.

4. peeper

peeper Well-Known Member

private ownership

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, that means that the bankruptcy went against your private and personal credit. Too bad.

Bankruptcy is a tough one to get rid of most of the time. Sometimes it's not all that hard.
    Best time to fight with the problem is during the early August vacation times when they are short handed and again at the first to middle part of December when they are again shorthanded due to the christmas holidays. That's when some of the credit repair firms step up their efforts to get rid of difficult entries. Spamming it off like the credit repair companies do is probably about the only way to get rid of it that I know of.

I don't recommend trying to make the credit bureaus believe that a lie is the truth and the truth is a lie. You can do it and FCRA does not forbid it of the consumer, only forbids 3rd party collectors from doing it. But I still strongly recommend against it for moral reasons if nothing else. It just isn't good business practice either and that's also important to appear businesslike if at all possible.

I think it's a lot better to just ask them to verify it, find some error in the report, any reason at all that you can find or dream up, but try to stay away from outright lies if you can.

If you know it's yours and you know they can prove it, then why lie about it? Just don't make no sense to me.