HELP! Where to start...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AntiCRA, Nov 2, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I imagine that there are a few folks here on creditnet that thought I was just blowing smoke when I kept claiming I could spider any site on the internet and pull every program and webpage and CGI and Perl and whatever else is on that website. I can pull the passwords to any program or secret website too. I know some folks here don't believe me when I tell them what I can do, but I guess if they don't believe what I tell them after pulling up all the links on myvesta.com and posting them up for everybody to see for themselves then they aren't going to believe anything else either.

Personally, I don't know what's on their website and I really don't care. I just did that for your information so you could learn for sure what it is that you are likely to get for your hard earned money and to help you make an informed decision as to what you want to do, no matter what that may be.

Well, I'm not going to tell you what I do here in the forum. Too many people object to that, so if you will send me an email I will be glad to tell you all about it.
    Yes, I have. I've bought their books and I've got untold hours of their taped conference calls although I've never said one word on any of them. I never will either.

John Gliha is very dogmatic in his beliefs and if he is challenged in any way whatever he blows all his fuses in a big hurry. That has been pointed out many times in his newsletters and on the conference calls although to be sure not in those exact words. He's too busy, buffoons interrupting his calls trying to tell him they think he is nuttier than a fruitcake bother him terribly for some reason. So he blows up and won't get on the conference calls because he don't like it when somebody disagrees with him. I guess he would rather spoon feed it to his admirers by email or in his books so they really don't have much of any way to argue with him.

John is neither the dimmest nor the brightest bulb on the tree. I think his crowning moment came when he dreamed up his million dollar validation letter. Many variations of it have been put out here and on other forums as well.

Mine is also a variation of his letter and probably follows it about as closely as any I have seen on the net or in print. Most take off into additions of heaven knows what all else that people thought sounded good or cute or whatever. I didn't add to it, I took away from it first and boiled it down to it's essence so I could add in a couple of other things that he hadn't thought of and still keep it down to a one page letter as his was. Funny part of it is that those letters which have been changed drastically with all manner of junk added in for good measure work just about as well as the original or my short version. That should prove to anybody's satisfaction that he had a pretty solid idea when he dreamed that one up if indeed he actually did dream it up all by himself. Haven't seen any evidence to the contrary, so I have to assume that he was the original inventor of the idea.

After that, he and I part company as he seems to head off into the wild blue yonder somewhere. I don't know where and I don't care. I guess that's because I'm too stupid to figure out how you can sue those who provided the wherewithall to buy your house or your car or whatever on the grounds that they loaned you exactly nothing but a few electrons or a little ink or lead off their pencils.

If you can figure out how you got what you wanted using other people's resources and then stand up in front of a judge and/or jury and convince them you got defrauded because they didn't do anything but make a few entries in some kind of journal, you are better than any congresscritter I ever heard tell of.

I'd at least think he ought to try to base his arguments on the concept that they didn't loan you any money because there isn't any such thing as money, only more instruments of debt. He might get somewhere that way because they can't even charge you with counterfeiting money anymore and make it stick. Even the government isn't stupid enough to try to make a counterfeiting money charge stick anymore. They charge counterfeiters with possession of false instruments of debt if they catch them passing freshly printed $100 bills in the local Wal-Mart.
    Not counterfeiting money because there simply isn't any money. As it is, I can't for the life of me see what it is that John Gliha is trying to hang his hat on. Don't make no sense to me.

How about the whole darn website, every link, every page on it and all the pages he links to? Would you like to see it all? And what's more, you know for sure that I can do exactly that and put it up for you to see it all for yourself, don't you. ? LOL

Lawyer support? Yeah Right! Osami's National Bar Association Member too, eh????
    I wonder why?
    If I think you need legal help, I'm going to refer you to an attorney who will not only stand up for you in court, he'll do it on a fee contingency basis and it don't cost you a crying dime if he loses which he isn't very likely to do.

Send me an email or call me on the phone and we can discuss things a bit more if you wish.

2. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

Bill,

To answer a couple of your questions. It is the law. I'm not a lawyer but, I've spent my adult life in financial services and I have seen a lot of people get a 1099C. Any tax lawyer or accountant can direct you to the code.
    As to why they don't lean on institutions to send 'em out wholesale. There are 2 reasons.
    First of all, they generate very little additional revenue. I mean, if someone can't pay cc bills period they probably are not going to be able to come up with a few thousan d in additional taxes either.
    Secondly, the IRS would rather consumers be kept in the dark about one other thing. And, that is you can discharge IRS debts in bk and you can do so easily if you meet a 5 point matrix. I don't think the IRS wants to push people to that point and all of a sudden there is a mad rush to the courthouse. I'll say no more on that but, "a google search" using the term chapter 20 bankruptcy filing will get you plenty of information. About the 3rd or 4th position, a lawyer named Perra has a site with FAQ and the criteria can be found there.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

OK. Thanks for the information.
    That's pretty interesting.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Random Comment: You'd think someone who was selling their services might take the time to study the laws that apply to their business!!

Have a nice day.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You mean that lawyer selling do-it-yourself bankruptcy kits for $9.95 don't know the laws that apply to his business?? Now hudda thot of that? Man, you one sharp kookie.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

SPECIFIC COMMENT: No Bill I mean you. Again you prove that you don't fully understand the laws which govern the services that you sell. Amazing how you complain about John... I think many people here would say the exact same thing about you. Oh, since you admit to hacking websites and stealing passwords I guess now would be a good time to recommend to the other members of creditnet.com that they change their passwords here. Good thing I never use the same password twice.

As long as your breaking laws and collecting passwords, why don't you go to the full extent and hack Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. Then you could just delete the information from your credit file directly. I'm still waiting PBM's response to closing the other thread, but I think he will find your admission to stealling passwords highly interesting.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I thought you just might be trying another of your infamous slams.

I don't sell bankruptcy kits for $9.95 and I don't advocate anybody files bankruptcy and I don't claim to know anything about it.
    I don't complain about John. I could care less what he does. I just try to inform them so they don't go out and get ripped off for $750 by John and those like you who are obviously standing up for him and even helping him sell his books. Use your credit cards to buy his books and then sue the credit card companies for defrauding them. That's part of his song and dance too isn't it? And now that you are standing up for him and his methods, yes, I think many people here would say the exact same thing about you.
    So now spidering websites is hacking them? Go tell that to Yahoo and Dogpile and all the hundreds of other search engines that they are hacking websites. Go get yourself a pack of Wrigleys and start chewing boy! Then see if you can still walk home at the same time.
    I don't steal any passwords. I never get to even see them. The spider just uses them to find all the pages on the websites it crawls. It don't put out any list of the passwords on a site.
    It would not make any difference at all. The only thing that comes out of the spider is the URLs of the webpages and the text files and the scripts. With over a 100,000 posts on this website, if the spider didn't have a limit on how much it would spider, it would land on a site like creditnet and just sit there forever and never come up with an answer. So the number of urls are limited so that don't happen.

I guess now would be a good time for you to just add in another gaudy tag line that says in big red letters
    OH WHAT A GOOSE I AM! OH WHAT A GOOSE I AM! OH WHAT A GOOSE I AM!
    Proves how bad you need that new tagline. Out standing up for your buddy John and trying to tell people I'm likely to rip them off. That's a hoot.

Prove that I am doing either one.
    That proves you don't know anymore about computers than you do about laws. Websites are on servers and they are external to the company. The company data bases are on internally based machines and not available on the internet even if you could hack them.
    And if wishes were horses then beggars would ride too, now wouldn't they? And if BS was Shinola you would be brighter than a silver platter in the noon day sun.
    Is that all you got to do besides standing up for your buddy John, run around closing the threads you screw up for everybody? John must be paying you pretty good.
    Let's all hope he finds your jumping on my case so you can peddle your buddy John's little game even more interesting.

A whole bunch of people on here been wondering who you really worked for and now I guess you just told us who you work for. We just couldn't really figure out how you came to know so much about all the credit bureaus and mortage stuff and what all. Now we know the answer.

I even know exactly who you are now. I thought I knew for a long time, but I just couldn't be sure till now. Some thought you worked for TU and that's why I was throwing all those hard knocks at TU last Sunday to see if that would trip your trigger, and now we know why it didn't.

Go ahead and have fun selling John's books for $750 a pop and when they haven't got $750 tell them to use their credit cards and then sue the Credit Card companies for ripping them off.

You and your brother John have a blast.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You really are a piece of work Bill... You think because you take three pages to repsond that I care? YAWN... Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I never promoted John's book/website... I simply said that the criticism you jealously leveled in his direction is the same types of things said about you...

You were the one bragging IN THIS THREAD about breaking the law... Spiders do not access passwords files. Smart authors can actually block what spiders from Yahoo and other sites use with simple txt files.

As for proving that you break the law with CreditWrench, I told you last week I will be sending a nice letter to the OK AG and FTC. If you doubt me, I'll be happy to send you a carbon copy via email, regular mail or post it here for everyone to read... Which would you like Bill? Failure to respond will lead me to believe that you want it posted here.

Bullies and Billies don't scare me... but apparently I scare you... You spam messages and self-promotions are WAY down.

Have a nice day........

9. AntiCRA

AntiCRA New Member

Okay guys! Wow!
    Ahem.
    So, your version of the letter asks for verification? Is this the same letter you are referring to? Do you have followup steps as well? I admit the $750 sounds like a lot to spend. Not to mention the $2900 for the other program. I know they are businesses and as businesses they are there to make money. So be it. But it is a difficult market to find that kind of cash in and somehow it seems wrong to use credit to fund it. I also don't entirely agree with our monetary system and hate what credit has done to our nations people. I know, I know "it's not the credit but the people who have done it to themselves". But I don't entirely agree with that statement either. The situation would not occur without either of them. I think perhaps a credit system overhaul is overdue. As an objector to the sytem I don't plan on using it in the future with the exception of debit. My concern is isn't your credit rating used for other purposes other than just getting credit cards and loans. Don't some businesses use it as a character reference? (no matter how unfair it might seem?)
    Are there others on this board who have used your system? If so, I'd like some feedback on their experience.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

CAN YOU HEAR THAT? I'm laughing my ass off!! Ok, I'll bite... Who am I? It's ok, I give you my permission to post the "info" here.... I can barely type because my eyes are tearing from laughing so hard!!!

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

IB:

Sorry that you have to see this discussion, but Bill's service CreditWrench seems to cost $45 per month. Please be aware that several people, including myself, believe that Bill is breaking the CREDIT REPORTING ORGANIZATIONS ACT.

I'm a firm believer and self-proof that you don't have to pay any company a dime to get out of your situation. I highly recommend reading the Federal Trade Comm and doing a search on creditnet.com for a thread called CREDIT REPORTING ORGANIZATIONS ACT. In in I've listed the exact way CreditWrench violates that law.

Best of luck... Great to have you here... You'll find most people are extremely willing to help you with great advice FOR FREE! We really are lucky to have some of these members.....

12. AntiCRA

AntiCRA New Member

Bkev,

"I'm a firm believer and self-proof that you don't have to pay any company a dime to get out of your situation. "

Do you find the Due Process method (asking for verification) a legal way to eliminate "debts that never truly existed", so to speak?
    What methods would you recommend to get out of my situation? Do you think BK is the way to go?
    Frankly, I am feeling more helpless than ever and even more undecided as to which way to go. Hubby had an anxiety attack last night and I am feeling so close to it myself It is taking everything I've got to just stay in control. I have to self talk all the time. Telling myself, "this is not the end of your world", "We are making the mortgage and utilities", "the debts you can't pay are just the unsecured ones" , "my credit is already shot, so what am I afraid of", "you can only do what you can do"...... and the list goes on.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

IB:

Requesting verification is a legal option should you choose to do it. It has worked successfully for many people who post here, but it's nothing that you should have to pay a company to handle for you. I'm so glad that you seem to be doing your research before jumping into any path. I would recommend you read the consumer publications dealing with FCRA, FDCPA and CROA available at www.ftc.gov. There are two versions to each- one is a what you should know in "commonspeak" and the other is the link the exact "legal" statues.

While most credit repair companies use the requirements of the FCRA to have information deleted from your credit reports, Creditwrench/BBauer and from what I can tell about the new website you're provided, use the FDCPA. If a tradeline can not be verified, it has to be deleted. If they break any law under FDCPA or FCRA you threaten to take them to court unless they vacate the original claim to the debt..... all things that you can do yourself.

What they don't tell you about is the law that covers them... it's called the Credit Repair Organizations Act and is very specific. They have to provide you with a written contracts describing the exact results which will be provided, exact costs and term (how long) the contract will run. Best of all, the CROA says you don't have to pay a penny until they deliver all the terms in the contract.

Now, since you asked my opinion, I will give you just that... It's not based on laws... I want to make that clear. The way I see it, you have two options really. Either you're going to pay the debts or not. Lets assume for a minute you are going to pay. I think you need to stop spending immediately, put yourself on a strict budget, sell anything you don't need and do without some of your "wants" until you're in a better position. You need to contact your creditors, explain the situation and ask for their help. Again, this is my opinion, but I think it would be time to put the kids in a public school (at least for the short term) and take a job, maybe two. It's harsh, but let's admit that what you've been doing is not working. I'm not saying do without everything, but make it reasonable. I loved your idea of camping... terrific fun and low cost!

Your other option is not to pay. You have two sub-options here. One is to declare bankruptcy. It's a giant step, but sounds like you may need to do it. Many lawyers offer free consultations, but I think they're always going to recommend filing because that were they make money. If you choose to take this route, I would recommend spending the money on a good attorney who knows what they're doing. You other sub-option for not paying is writing letters to the creditors/collection agencies to enforce the FCRA-FDCPA statues (either yourself or hiring a Credit Repair Company). IB, you're going to have a major hurdle here.... The debts are so fresh. Being so recent, many will be able to produce the paperwork needed to validate/verifiy the debts. Most people who see success using these methods are from debts 2-3+ years old. Many people employ these methods after they have filed BK to get the negative tradelines off your credit report before the 10 years they're allowed to run.

Worst case, you throw your hands in the air and do nothing. Negative tradelines can remain on your report for 7 years from the first missed payment that leads to the chargeoff.

The choice is yours... but when you're listening to peoples advice, I would make three comments. First, follow the money. Are they trying to get money from you or are they just giving your advice from their experience? Second, judge people by their actions, not their words. Make anyone you deal with put their terms in writing. Finally, I would not advise dealing with an expert who breaks the laws or who has not been able to "clean/repair" their own credit.

GOOD LUCK! Creditnet is an excellent place to ask questions and get advice. I just recommend you always get the full story and consider the source!

:)

14. AntiCRA

AntiCRA New Member

By filing BK are CC accounts completely charged off? (am I using the wrong phrase?). You don't have to pay them at all? I don't want to lose the house.
    Someone mentioned earlier (maybe you) that the second on the mortgage might even be able to be eliminated. How would that be if it were secured by the house? Granted it is in excess of what the house is worth. What "good" attourney charge to do a bankruptcy for you and what type of Bankruptcy are we talking?
    Forgive my ignorance.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

IB:

I've never had to file BK myself, but I can tell you that many of the rules changed thanks to corporations lobbying the Clinton administration.

There are two types of BKs. One stops all interest, late fees, etc, but requires you payback the principal owed... you work with your attorney to determine what items are included and what are not. The other type of BK discharges all debts you file for... They both hurt your credit reports for 10 years and make nearly impossible to get a new mortgage for two years, but many people have been able to get unsecured credit cards within 6 months (at hefty interest rates.)

I was not the person who said the second mortgage would be wiped out. That's a secured line and I think that is something to talk with an attorney about and up to a judge to finally decide.

I have no idea about attorneys fees. I'm sure they vary market to market and attorney to attorney. Most are stuctured in the BK where they're paid first and then the creditors. I guess you could check you yellow pages for a general price range. To find a "good" attorney, I would recommend you get a referall from your local bar association. It should be listed in the telephone book.

IGNORANCE? I will not forgive... because I don't consider you to be ignorant. You've acknowledged the problem and are seeking solutions. I actually applaud you. Compared to people who are in denial and acting ignorant, I think you're a terrific addition here!

:)

16. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

IB,

I'm the one who mentioned the 2nd mortgage being stripped. At 125% LTV, there is no security for anyone after the 1st mortgage holder. This means it is unsecured debt.
    I would see a lawyer with experience in the field. A good place for a referral would be an accountant.
    As to bk itself. There are 2 types that pretain to you. Chapter 7 or chapter 13. The laws have not changed regarding bk.
    A #7 wipes out all unsecured debt. You may reaffirm your home if you wish. A 13 allows you to pay a percentage over a 3 to 5 year period. It allows you to keep all assets while you pay. As an aside, 2/3's of the people who start a chapter 13 eventually convert to a chapter 7.
    One otherthought. Someone posted ajudge would have to approve the stripping of a 2nd. Well, a judge has to approve ANY bankruptcy period. The process will go through a trustee who will make a recommendation to the judge assigned to your case.
    This is very doable but, it does require some special expertise. The 2nd holder will complain and there will be apprasial cost and so forth but, it can be done.

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Prove it. We all saw it so you prove it if you want to deny it.

Prove it.
    Yeah brite boy. It's done with files labeled "robots.txt" and any website author from 10 year old kids up knows how to do it. All you do is to put the urls that you don't want the spiders to follow in a text file and in the
    &#60 head &#62 section you put an html tag that says
    &#60 meta tag="robots" content="nofollow" &#62 tag and if you are a real smart author such as the kind you are talking about, a real genius, you sit there fat, dumb and happy wondering why the spiders simply ignore your smart tags and gobble up all the urls you put in there. Go back to your goose stepping, john boy, and leave things you dream about knowing some day to those who do know what the truth is.

Whatever turns your little crank, little john.

I don't imagine you do care. Overtaxes your poor little brain cell and puts you to sleep it seems.

You have a nice one little john

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

IB:

At the risk of befouling the atmosphere around here with 40 more pages of the goose's silly squawkings, I'll try to answer your questions.

That is the purpose of every validation letter. Demand that the debt be proven by the creditor.
    Yes.
    Yes, the validation letter is important but it quite often does not prove to be the silver bullet it's author had hoped it might be.
    If you were actually going to get something of value for your $750, so what? Of course, John will tell you tha t you don't actually have to spend $750 because he will sell you his 1st book for $119 and that will tell you all you really need to know. It's a very informative book which he published by doing a copy & paste routine off of all the postings from his website on Yahoo and printing all the posts found there, binding them up and selling them. That's about as informative as spending the day listening to the cries of the goose or watching the grass grow.
    Yes, businesses are in business to make money. I since I don't know anything at all about Myvesta, I can't tell you what they have to offer nor if it is worth what they ask or not. I can't make any comment about them at all except it sure seems awful steep to me, especially if someone can't afford to pay their bills in the first place. If they had that kind of money laying around then I'd imagine they would have paid their bills to begin with and they would not be needing the services offered.
    We may be going to get one we won't like at all if the present state of the economy don't improve some.
    I've heard that, but I don't worry about that much.
    There are a whole lot of them on here. I imagine that if they can get a word in edgwise through all this damnedable bickering, you will hear from them.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bill: Your true colors come out... You said I promoted a website.... YOU PROVE IT! I can never prove I didn't do it. So... NOW BILL... If everyone saw it, it should be easy to find huh?? PROVE IT.... PROVE IT... PROVE IT!

My name is not John, it is Kevin. You need to get some sleep or something, you're starting to loose it. I told you that this was not personal. You're trying to make it so. Guess what, it doesn't work! I've supplied my evidence here and I will in my letter to the OK Attorney General. Where is your evidence? You don't have any?

You said you knew who I was.... PROVE IT BILL! I suggest that if you don't like seeing me correct you that you put me on ignore. Everytime I feel like it, I'm going to show where you're breaking the law, misleading people and just plain trying to be a bully.

I'm not going anywhere... I'm not going to make up stuff like you do! Do you have access to the passwords or not? Seems like you're spread so many lies you can not keep them all straight. Do you want to tell LB that you're having problems getting an increased limit on your secured Capital One credit card? This from an "expert" who doesn't even know that "cash grants" are taxable and doesn't bother to read- much less comply with the "CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS ACT!" ??

If you feel so strongly about it, why aren't you promoting that service as much anymore? HUH Bill? Are you getting afraid of selling all that crap and no one questioning you on it? Get used to it.... I'm not going anywhere old man!

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev: A terrorist ring.

High ranking sources have it that a terrorist ring has surfaced at Tinker Air Force Base here in Oklahoma City.

Four of the 5 members of the ring have been located so far but they fear that the 5th may have fled the country. Their names are;
    1. bin Snoozin
    2. bin Drinkin
    3. bin Loafin
    4. bin Eatin
    The last and the one that many officials may have fled the country is:
    5. bin Workin