Help with AMEX application status

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mindylou, Nov 2, 2001.

1. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Today I applied for the gold delta skymiles card online, I called the 1 800 # to check status because I got the 7-10 day thing online. It said your application is being processed and you will receive something in 10 days, so I held on after the message and spoke with a rep and she said my application is awaiting some type of verification such as student or address verification, and she asked if I was a student and I said No, well let me check for you, asked my name, maiden name, address, home phone and is it in my name(which it is in my husbands name), length of employment, place of employment, and said now all I need is income verification and gave me a # to fax most recent check stub to. So, please help me out here, do you think it's an approval or still possibly be a denial.

thanks,
    mindy

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Sounds pretty good to me Mindy.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just send them the pay stub. I want to say that it looks like you'll get the card but I could be wrong. The chances are high. Normally companies don't request stuff if the weren't considering you for a card.

4. mindylou

I wonder if there is someone there on saturdays to get the fax? Thanks Jeff and MP$40 for the replies.

keeping fingers crossed,
    mindy

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The fax number that they'll give you is for confidential stuff. Someone has to be by it at all times, therefore it only works during working hours. New accounts is open on Saturday, so you can try then. But it's unlikely that it will be on during non working hours.

6. mindylou

Shoot! I can't get to a fax till at least tommorow.
    Dang it, dang it, dang it.(stomping my foot)LOL

mindy

7. mindylou

So what does amex do to verify income if I don't fax the pay stub, I may just wait till I go back to work next week and then fax it. Gosh I'm so anxious to know if I got approved. I've never been drilled like that for any other kind of credit application(she was very nice about it).

mindy

8. mindylou

Sam, I've got a ? for you. IF,(and I do mean IF) I get approved, exactly how should I go about getting a product transfer?

thanks,
    mindy

9. mindylou

OK Sam, I found the post about how to do a product transfer, I'll give it a try if I get approved.

mindy