Help with Ford Credit..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mary, Jan 21, 2001.

1. Mary

Mary Guest

Hi All,
    In 97 I had a 2 yr lease with Ford. I had multiple lates on it, which I deserved. At the end of the 2 yr lease, with my fiance as co-signer, I bought the car (23 % interest, aarrggh.) I have had this car since 4/99, with no lates and no problems. I tried to dispute the lease with all 3 CRA's, and they verified. (It is showing up as a closed account, and the current loan is showing up as an open one.) I called Ford and asked them to at least delete the most damaging lates (60 days) and they said if it were one or two, fine, but since its so many, forget it. Well,I could sorta understand that. I countered that since I am now such a good customer, could they throw me a bone. Again, they said no. Any ideas on how to get rid of this on the CRA's? (Not that I have much hope for Experian, they have yet to remove a single thing, even when it was blatantly wrong.) thanks for your help..

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Mary, MP$40 and I could give you an earfull about Ford Credit. It has taken me 2.5 years to atleast get them to report my account accurately, and delete my duplicate. I am still currently waiting for copies of my original documentation regarding this acct. I requested this in Oct.2000. Last week I called them and they are still waiting for them to be brought out of the archives. Keep after them, They will tell you anything on the phone just to get rid of you. Letters have proven little help. Last week, I threatened to sue them and the rep said, OH,OK. Duh....

Experian was the worst. They kept verifying and gave me the address to where they were getting their info. I sent a cert. letter to Ford at that address, came back returned to sender, address unknown. I don't think they verify anything, If it is in their files, its good enough for them. I got the duplicate deleted and my account upgraded to a paid status (Pd in '96) just last week with Equifax. It still shows an I9 but they took off all the bad stuff. I got this done on the phone, which was easier than fighting with them by mail for 2.5 years. I was suprised that it only took a phone call to do this. Give it a try, Let us know how you made out.

3. Mary

Mary Guest

Thanks for your help, Jamie. Ford is the pits. They kept telling me at the dealership to take this crummy interest rate because I could always refinance later when my credit got better. Then, when I tried to do that, they gave me some lame excuse like "if we re-finance, you will get the same interest rate, so its not worth it." I asked the rep why would I get the same interest rate if my credit is better, and he said "because your loan is over 2 yrs old." What??!!! anyhow, I too have asked for copies of my records, acct info, etc, and have gotten nothing. I have threatened a lawsuit as well, but the rep just says okay we'll send it and I get nothing. They are the absolute worst. they verified my lease, and updated it to say the balance is zero and it is closed, but it is still on there, and as it is not 3 yrs old yet it still looks bad. I hate Ford!!!

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Me too, atleast I only have a little over 2 years to go before its gone. Good Luck!!!

5. John S

John S Guest

Ford Credit is very difficult, if not impossible, to work with. And they keep records.

Had a repo in 92, CH 13 BK in 93 reaffirming Ford, but decided in 94 to dump it becasue Ford was the only secured interest. Eventually, I settled with them in 99 for $5000 of a 'claimed' $9000 shortage. They changed my status to be "PAID/WAS REPOSSESSION" with a zero balance. I've tried a couple of times over the past 1.5 years to dispute it, but it's verified every time. Luckily, it magically came off my Experian and Equifax reports in late 99/early 2000, over a year early. It's ODD is 12/94, which means it comes off in Dec of this year from TU.

They didn't budge. I even sent copies of my Equifax and Experian reports to TU, showing them it dropped off, and disputed the original delinquency date. Either they just said "screw him" and left it on, or Ford Credit actually verified it several times.

Either way, it comes off in Dec of this year. My LAST derog out of about 20 that I had 2.5 years ago (I have two minor, paid 5.5 year old collection accounts for $52 and $85, but they barely affect my scores).

The light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train after all. Thank God !!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Can't Comment!

It PAINS ME GREATLY to even talk about Ford Credit! All I know is that if Junum can't remove the trade w/ 22 BOGUS 30 day lates on a 48 month loan listed as a paid charge off, then I'll just grin and bear it! It is scheduled to fall of 2/2002! I don't have the time and engery to start calling them AGAIN to get this resolved. Too stressful.....

7. Mary

Mary Guest

That is great news John! I think I am just stuck with them. SOme of the lates were definitely my fault, but a lot of them werent. However, whenever I try to get any sort of info from them (like a copy of my payments) they stall me and I end up asking over and over again. This whole mess started in 97,and the lease ended in 99, so I have a ways to go before it falls off my records.

They keep lousy records unless it has to do with a late payment!!