Help with judgements

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tami, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Tami

Tami Guest

I just had a copy of my credit report pulled,and found on it a judgement from 1990 for a state of MD tax lien. Not only do I know nothing about this, but I'm sure I have never been contacted.

How I do about finding information on this judgement, how can I get it removed if that's possible. Basically any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks

2. river

river Well-Known Member

Doesn't your credit report have the info, as far as,state and county.If it's a tax lein,contact court house in that state and county.I think that tax leins stay on report indefinitely.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree with River, it should state where it was fild and for what state, courthouse etc. Also note tax liens remain on your credit reports for 7 years from date satisfied not filed. If they remain unpaid they can stay longer, however they are only collectable for 10 years.

4. Tami

Tami Guest

I saw it when I had my credit report pulled free on line through worthknowing.com - so all it said was State of MD taxes. Guess I need to go pull from all three agencies. The strange thing is, this shows from 1990, i've had my credit report pulled many times in the past and this has never once showed up before. Any ideas?

5. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

The statute of limitations for a judgment in Maryland is 12 years. It is possible that it came off at one time during your the 10 years and resubmitted by the state of Maryland.

Tami wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I saw it when I had my credit report pulled free on line through worthknowing.com - so all it said was State of MD taxes. Guess I need to go pull from all three agencies. The strange thing is, this shows from 1990, i've had my credit report pulled many times in the past and this has never once showed up before. Any ideas?