Help writing a letter to credi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credithelp, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

Here's my dilemma. I just paid off my auto loan at a local bank. They just updated my credit report with all 3 CRA's and put paid in full, then they updated my payment history and put in 15 times late and 1 time 60 days late. before the car was paid off I didn't have a payment history on my reports. I just called the bank and asked nicely if they would remove the lates from my reports and the rep on the phone said if I faxed them a letter explaining why they should remove them from my report and then they MAY consider removing them. My question is, I need to write this letter but I wanted some advice before faxing it. I need to make it sound personal and sincere. Can someone help me?

2. John S

John S Guest

RE: Help writing a letter to c

Yesterday, you said "28 times 30 days late, and 2 times 60 days late". Today you say "15 times 30 days late and 1 time 60 days late".

(a) Which is it?
    (b) What is the ACTUAL truth?
    (c) What type of hard documentation do you have to back up your claim?

3. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

On my reports it's 28 times 30 day's late and 2 times 60 day's late. When I called the bank they told me 15 times 30 day's late and 1 time 60 day's late. The bottom line is I don't want any lates showing up on my reports.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

John S wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Yesterday, you said "28 times 30 days late, and 2 times 60 days late". Today you say "15 times 30 days late and 1 time 60 days late".

(a) Which is it?
    Another ? how long does a creditor have to report a late payment to a CRA?

5. lbrown59

How long does a creditor have to report a late payment to a CRA?
    Is it days,weeks,months or years:?
    what's the scoop?

6. lbrown59

how long does a cra have to post a late payment after being reported by a creditor?