Help....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nia, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Nia

Nia Well-Known Member

I just got a call from a foriegn sounding lady who said she was calling from First (something). She said that i had applied for some card and was denied and now I was guaranteed a $2500 limit on a card from this company. I have to admit I was game but cautious. I asked her had they pulled my credit report again or was she about to and she said they had already pulled it. She then said that Equifax was the company they use and that a Visa would look good on my Equifax report. Well I got really concerned b/c if she had already pulled my report then she would know that I already have 2 other Visa cards that report to Equifax. Then she hit me with the bomb. $149.50 first time processing fee. I asked her how would I pay, i.e would it be charged to my card since the limit was so high and she said no I had to pay through my checking account. I IMMEDIATELY said I was not interested and hung up. I now wish I had gotten the name of the company and the phone #. I remeber reading a thread about some company that was similiar to this.. Is this a fraud. Any advice would be helpful. I'm about to go check my Equifax cr to see if there is someone on there who pulled my cr previously.

Thanks
    Nia

2. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Hi Nia you done the right thing!!

I would call Equifax instead of pulling my report. Ask and see if someone has it. If someone has I would put a Fraud alert against my file and warn them that whomever pulled your account was fraudulent!!!

Good Luck...

MartysGirl

3. Nia

Nia Well-Known Member

Thanks MarysGirl....I wont pull my report I just got a copy so if what they said was true they should have pulled from it before...thanks for the input! have a good day

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

You're learning!

5. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

The company's name is First Union Credit Services. They are based in California (look up First Union in California on BBB...BAD REPORT), but have a calling center in Toronto.. They charge you $149, but all they send out is a handbook with credit cards that you MAY be able to get.. They say if you get denied for 2 cards, to send them the denials for a complete refund...no address is given however.. SCAM, beware!

6. tltrader

tltrader Active Member

I've read on previous threads that putting a fraud alert on your credit file can create problems. Any comments?