HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SWADER, Nov 4, 2000.

1. SWADER

SWADER Guest

I AM TRYING TO FIND A HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARD SO I TRANSFER ALL MY BALANCES TO ONE CREDIT CARD, PLEASE HELP ME

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

ok

AMEX.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: or

MBNA

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

even better.

CITIBANK. LOL

5. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captital One also offers installment loans. I've gotten several 'pre-approved' offers for specific amounts in the mail. The last one was for about 15K @ 9.9% for 7 years, but had no pre-payment penalties.

You might try calling them and see what they can do for you. You would get a fixed monthly payment for the term of the loan.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

that sounds like a great interest rate J!

7. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

RE: even better.

Definatly Citibank lol ... With high balances they accepted me and I transfered something like 7 accounts to them.!

8. J. Edgar

Yes, it is a good rate. 9.9% is about the best rate you can get on a credit card now, since the prime rate is near there. This would be a good way to consolidate credit card debts and perhaps close some unneeded credit cards. Unfortunately, one probably has to have pristine credit to get such a favorable rate.

Installment loans are looked at slightly more favorably than revolving credit in terms of credit performance. For credit scoring, one of the factors in the 'mix' of installment and revolving account. You get a better score if you have some R-1 installment trade lines instead of solely R-1 revolving trade lines.

9. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

J. Edgar,

How was your credit when you received these offers? I'm wondering if I should even bother calling them...

Cheers and Prosperity,
    Cindy

10. J. Edgar

My FICO was over 700 and I had no derogatories on any of my credit reports. I had perhaps 7 open tradelines with balances and about 7 open without no balance.

11. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Thanks, J. Edgar. That helps. I believe I will wait for a year or so for my score to rise before checking on this...

Cheers,
    Cindy