HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Charles, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Guest

IF I ALREADY HAVE A SCHOOL LOAN IN DEFAULT, HOW CAN YOU GO ABOUT GETTING IT TAKEN OFF YOUR CREDIT, OR KEEP THE GOVERNMENT FROM TAKING YOUR INCOME TAX RETURN. PLEASE HELP

2. IRISH*DIVA

IRISH*DIVA Guest

the only way is to contact the creditor for a rehabilitation program. As long as you're in rehab, and keep up payments after that, they can't touch your return. Rehab typically takes a year and once completed, the derogatory info comes off your credit reports. However, you only get one shot at rehab. Give them a call and see what they have to offer. Good luck!

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Well, if it's too late for rehab (for the time being) and all that good stuff......you could go have your taxes done by someone and apply for that tax loan program. Basically they'll cut you a check in like 2 days and then you have to basically re route your return to them. There's a small fee. I did that one year. I had an offset from the IRS for a default student loan and I guess when the IRS took my refund, the people (Bank One) were like, where's our money? Sent me letters, etc. but I finally got it all cleared up when I got my loan out of default.

4. Amistad Da

Amistad Da Guest

Yeah they will take your refund.. They took mine. It was the best thing that happened to me that year.. It cut my debt in half. If there looking to get it this year.. (there kinda slow) there not much you can do about it. There's really no warning either. I filed my taxes.. got a letter in the mail from the IRS saying my overpayment was applied to the Goverment debt.