HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nutty28, Mar 5, 2001.

1. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

Re: How old is the debt.

So I just blew him off. He stated he will change report to reflect paid in full and when he faxed the paper it stated it will reflect settled. I told him this won't work I need something by mail and that the report needs changed. He said have a nice day I will be having her served by the sherrif and it will cost now another 1,400.00. The SOL is up I believe in another 4 years. so I must do something with this. The bank didn't sell it but they won't deal either. He stated it is illegal to change the CR to anything but settled, Is this true?

2. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

The original debt was 300.00 after interest and all that it hit 936.49 he says he can get another 1400.00 on top of that. Si since I have had discussion with him can I still ask for proof of debt and at the bottom line still be able to settle with the smaller amount when it comes to that?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Of course that is not true. Nothing this guy is telling you is true. WE are trying to help you. When are you gonna start listening? Ok, I am glad you blew him off though. "paid in full and settled" will not work. The sheriff huh? PLEASE. WHAT A LOSER.

I hope you told him to stop calling you this time right...

roni

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

DO EVERYTHING IN WRITING OR YOU WILL BE BURNED. He isnot gonna serve you, so i advise you to start using the lovely letters posted just yesterday by lizardking to get the ball rolling. SEND A CEASE AND DESIST letter immediately.

roni

5. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

The Account was opened in 08/97 under the heading date last activity /date reported it says N/A 09/00A amount last reported is 720.00 profit-loss amount past due 149.00 r/9
    I live in PA

6. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

nutty28,

Have you read anything I have posted? Or are you so scared, you still continue to talk on the phone with these people? They are breaking the law, and you are letting them. I do not mean to be rude, but it is time to get some courage, and fight these people...

"...He stated he will change report to reflect paid in full and when he faxed the paper it stated it will reflect settled. I told him this won't work I need something by mail and that the report needs changed. He said have a nice day I will be having her served by the sherrif and it will cost now another 1,400.00."

Please include this in your complaint to the FTC... They will eat this up...

Oh, BTW... TELL THEM TO STOP CALLING YOU UNDER THE RULES OF THE CREDIT AND OTHER ACTS AND COORESPOND VIA LETTER...

Stand up for yourself, and get educated... Please visit the links I posted.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

well said ...chris...

i was starting to think this was a sprank..Really!
    (bobby)

roni

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Re: well said ...chris...

Thanks.. It troubles me when people are taken advantage of by these companies..

No offense... We are only ignorant because we haven't been exposed...

GO nutty28!!

9. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

I am not bobbi (thank god) but I do read all that is posted and I was in the middle of a breakdown because the time is closing and I have been doing real well fixing this stuff.
    My credit was good till I got married and a couple of her cards she had them send one in my name and they reported the bad stuff from the past on my report. So I cancled them and no I am trying to clean up what was never paid before. I have to try to clean my own up now as well so I am having a fit. We need a van (4 kids) and I need a mortgage which I can get but want the best rate available. So I need to send a cease and disist letter NOW. then I need to file a complaint. I maybe missing something here but what do I do about the debt that is still owed? That just gets him off my back. The debt was not sold it is just being handled by this guy supposedly...

10. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Understandable situations... But in response to:

"I maybe missing something here but what do I do about the debt that is still owed?"

Wait until you RECEIVE A LETTER confirming this... In some cases they harass people on the phone, and have np written proof..

If they are unable to provide written proof, they are s@#t out of luck...

No proof IN WRITING = NOTHING...

Phone calls are cheap, and undocumented... Another way to keep track of these things, is to purchase a suction cup microphone, and mini recorder from your local radio shack.

When the collector calls, you must inform them you are taping the conversation. It is for your records... This does work, as they are not as apt to be so abusive and verbal.. Depending on what state you live in determines whose consent you need. In Maryland you need 2 party consent. This means both parties must be aware and consent to the recording.. Virginia, you only need 1 party consent.

11. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

Should I use her maiden name on the account or use the married name when writing these letters?

12. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Use the name with which the account is referenced... A credit report shows all names...

Also, here is a link to a site that lists all 50 states, and their respective laws regarding the recording of converstaions...

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

13. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Is this FNAB or an agency???

It makes a big difference! And Chris, you are referring to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act... a collection agency can be told to go away w/a written Cease and desist.

An original creditor can not. You can request all correspondence be made in writing and not via the telephone, but an original creditor has the right to contact you.

With regards to doing a cease and desist, if the SOL isn't up yet, it could be a way to provoke a lawsuit.

Here's what you do: if they do try to sue you, you can not "be home" to accept the summons. An original creditor can only sue once. Then, they can not show up for court, the creditor will get a default judgment, but there are a lot of ways to "void" a judgment in the first year.
    One way is improper service.

If you're close on the SOL, then you can settle and try to get in writing a removal of the credit info.

You could also try another tactic and request validation of the debt from the original creditor. YOu have to modify what we normally post here, but you could make them "prove" all those extra charges. After the writeoff there shouldn't be any more interest until they get a judgment. Also, if they've sold the debt or taken a profit and loss writeoff, or received insurance for this debt.. then you have a reasonable defense to reduce the debt anyway.

But again, is it directly the original creditor, or a colleciton agency?
    By the way, if it's your wife's debt and not a joint debt, why in the Hell are they talking to you about it? It's a violation of your wife's rights if they're disclosing sensitive info to you about her debt. She has privacy rights.
    I'm beginning to think this person isn't serious. It makes no sense and you're not "listening" closely to the advice on these posts. ARe you for real or are you just kidding here?

14. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

Re: Is this FNAB or an agency?

I'm for real and yes all is accurate as I sit here. Now he told me that the creditor has handed it to them and they don't own it but collect it for them. He has reffered to what the creditor wants to do.. I am dealing with Central Credit Services In.c anyone know them?

15. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

Sorry for the SP I am typing the Validation letter and not proofing what I write....

16. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Nutty28,
    what states is this agency in? Are they a collection agency or not?
    And are they licensed through your state to collect the debt?

These are the questions that you need to have answered!!!

Reshod