Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Mar 18, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I have worked hard to get my credit back. I Pay all my bills on time now and have been doing credit repair for about 1 year. My charge offs and collections are due to fall off in Nov. 2001. When I checked my Fico today I also checked my credit report and an inquiry showed up from CBC National Collections. It was just done on 3/16. Does anybody know who these jokers are? Is it likely that some old bad account from years ago is going to come back and haunt me? Is there anything I can do to find out what this is all about? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2. Dallas

Dallas Guest

It could be trouble or it may not be. I would call the credit bureau and get the # of the collection agency. I did that before. They could be searching for someone and pulled your report in the process. I had a collection agency on my report for inquiries. I called them and they checked the data base for my social and came up with nothing. The rep told me they may have been thinking about purchasing a bad account and was viewing my credit report as a screen. She said we must not have purchased it. She said they primarily do medical bills. The only medical bills I have had and didnot pay was a $30 dental bill and a $200 emergency room charge. Maybe they felt it wasnot worth their time.

3. Zoe

Zoe Active Member

CBC National Collections is a collection agency in Columbus, Ohio.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I would try to get it removed. Anything that says "collection" is going to hurt you, even an inquiry.