Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lisa, Mar 29, 2001.

  1. lisa

    lisa Guest

    Does anyone know how to dispute a account closed by grantor that you paid in full should you dispute as paid as agreed so they will take it off or what?
  2. Dustin

    Dustin Well-Known Member

    If that is the only negative on that entry, I would dispute it as "Account closed by consumer", so you can keep a good (although closed) tradeline on there to help keep your score high.

    If it has more negatives (multiple lates, chargeoff, etc), I would dispute as "Paid as agreed, no lates", or even "Not Mine".

    hope this helps.

  3. lisa

    lisa Guest

    Thanks so much Dustin
  4. AnnMarie

    AnnMarie Well-Known Member

    If it's bad I would go with NOT MINE all the way
  5. Pam

    Pam Guest

    It for a secured credit card that was paid off with my security deposit and was late 60days so show I just disoute it as closed at grantor request

Share This Page