Help!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lucy, Apr 4, 2001.

1. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

I just pulled my Experian credit report again today (I had previously pulled it on 3/16). Some time in late March, Gulf State Credit LLC/AT placed a collection on my report for Fingerhut Corp. from May of 1993! Obviously the SOL has ran out long ago. Can you guys give me suggestions on what to do about this? i.e. how to dispute and what to say.
    Thanks in advance,
    Lucy

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Of course this account is outdated and obsolete LUCY. I would simply call experian and ask them to remove it b/c the account is obsolete and was just put on there.

That is odd that they tried this. Make sure they havenot tried to reage the debt in someway. IF they have reaged it, let us know and we will let you know how to battle this.

roni

3. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Roni,

It has a date of status of 3/2001! I am sure they have "re-aged it!" I cannot believe it, I have enough bad stuff without adding more! And I have just started to dispute. Is Gulf States associated with Equifax? It wasn't on my Equifax report, only the Experian. Just got a Trans Union today also, not on there either. Can I expect it to show up on all 3 now or what?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Gulf State has a credit board reputation of being slimy. "Status as of" doesnot mean anything. If you still owe it the status is "unpaid", ok we know that already. So what. Dont worry about that.

We need to know what the

Date Opened/REported Since: dates are and

account is scheduled to continue on record until: date is....

let me know.

roni

5. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Date Opened: 5/1993
    Reported Since: 3/2001
    Last Reported: 3/2001
    Terms: 1 month (no idea what this means)
    Recent Balance: $316 as of 3/2001.

Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until 5/2002.

FYI, I believe the original amount was $100, and we paid almost all of it, moved to California from Florida and left no forwarding address. I forgot all about it.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bingo...date opened 1993. it is 7 years old and it is time to go...that is a simple one and it has not reaged. Dispute the item as obsolete.

dispute the item as having an incorrect charge off date. Tellthem that it charged off in 1993 and demand they remove it. If they dont and cant prove the dates you have a good lawsuit yourself LUcy.

I wish something like this would happen to me. Ok so just write a charming dispute little dispute the dates and tell them it is obsolete.

If they dont remove it and let it reage file a suit.

roni