Here is my plan for dealing wi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim S., Dec 3, 2000.

1. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

After listening to everyone's good advice here is what I am thinking about doing about the fraudluent MBNA account.

1. I will try talking to the fraud department or a supervisior at MBNA again to see if I can reslove this. I am thinking I should bring up questions like how do I know the security info for the account is intact since it would have been there, and why didn't you notice that you were sending bills to two different addresses. (If this fails I may cancel the account I currently have with MBNA. I got an offer over the phone for a Citibank Platinum Select Mastercard so that should replace it.)

2. If that fails, I am going to try a removal from the CRAs once more. I need to check but the address that corresponded to the fruadulent account has been removed I believe. This might help.

3. If that doesn't work, then I will just continually challenge the lates peroidcally until 2006 and hope sometime I get lucky and it will be removed.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Here is my plan for dealin

Sounds like an good plan to me. You do have a point there about the addresses. Why didn't they catch that and question it? I would also be sure to speak w/ someone of authority in the fraud dept.

3. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

The addresses are different so that is one point in my favor. I will have to argue against that all of my security information is correct, but I think I can counter that with my actual account with MBNA. After all, how do I know the security information hasn't come from my actual account in some way?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good plan Jim. It also may be a good idea to befriend a supervisor at the fraud department also. Good Luck!

roni