Here we go again EMCC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 28, 2001.

  1. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    Well I decided to check reports again a NOTWK site and guess what they are now reporting my husband as being 30 day late!!!!!!! This of course is not the case just like the charge off.

    Now I really want to nail this company as others mentioned they have been doing this to several people. I know the standard FTC, BBB and AG but is there anyplace else or anyone I can contact regarding this company?? Any other options or avenues I am not thinking of?????

    They really need to be stopped, I can only imagine how many people they are doing this to and they don't even know it.
  2. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    What on earth is going on here? Wow!!
  3. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    I know breeze, this is unbelievable.

    Any suggestions???????
  4. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    When you went around with them before, didn't they correct it? Wasn't it you that went down in person to have it corrected?

    Send them a cert-rr letter telling them you intend to sue them for maliciously reporting false information if they don't get that off within xx number of days. And if it ever shows up again, you will sue them, without warning. Or you can just go down and file and get a few bucks for very little work.

    I believe you can do it. Anyone can represent anyone in court ;)
  5. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    Yes that's was me in person for an incorrect charge off reporting. And now it is my husband's. I did send them CRR letter stating they had better remove this NOW or else.

    I just want to try and get them investigated and possibly fined, if this happened to both of us, I know they are doing it to others and they probably don't even know it.
  6. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    hmmm lemme check on consumer protection stuff in our great commonwealth, LOL.
  7. dogman

    dogman Well-Known Member

    Hi MOM :) !

    I have been jamming but still waiting for that firm
    comission bonus B4 I look at my car idea again.

    Got the place completely finished - knowing you :)
    arfingly yours - dogman
  8. dogman

    dogman Well-Known Member

    How you doing Breeze ? :)
    c ya dogman
  9. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    Re: Hi MOM :) !

    Hey Dogman:)

    So nice to see you post my dear:)

    Hope as is well for you.
  10. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Here ya go

    click on "what is the topic of your complaint"
    then select "credit finance and banking"
    Then select "collection agencies"
    then select "other location in Virginia"

    scroll down and click on "complaint form"

    the complaint form is a PDF document. right click and select "Save target as" or "print target" (that is just in case you don't know, hehe)

    Then fill it out and fax it or mail it - the address and fax number are right there. Have fun!!

    Or, I'm right there, if you want me to get it and send it to you. Post real quick, I wanna go to bed, LOL
  11. bbauer

    bbauer Banned

    I can't be real sure how you meant that statement, but there is a potential danger in the statement. So I'll try to point that out just for general information, not to put you down in any way.

    Anyone cannot represent anyoneELSE in court.

    Anyone can represent themselves in court and that's very probably what the poster meant to say.

    Only an attorney can represent someone else in court in most states at this time.

    In some states, and especially in courts of lower and inferior jurisdiction, one can ask the court to allow the litigant to appoint someone else to represent him who is not an attorney and it will be granted. In other states, it will not be granted.

    I think that the poster knew exactly what they meant and said exactly what they meant and I mean to make no put down, attack, contradiction or offense here.

    Just thought I might be able to add a bit of info to what was said.
  12. dogman

    dogman Well-Known Member

    Re: Hi MOM :) !

    yes Mom - actually work is great, but you know Internet is down - you know my customer and they will obviously thrive!

    Mom - all who know my story - after 5 1/2 yrs on my AIDS cocktail - I still continue to have undetectable HIV! My cell counts are 1000 (a normal person is 1100-1200)! The Doc is amazed as I am - that I live a perfectly normal life - except for taking a combination of 13 pills 3 times daily. I really have never even gone one full day since May 1996 without the cocktail.

    I should have been gone in 1986, like 99% of my friends in SF who did not make it. Again I am blessed and I know it - and my deal is - when the guy upstairs asks me to do whatever - I will! Hmmm - maybe I am already :)

    AMEX still wants me to apply for GOLD! Guess what?
    I didn't! The Green Card is fine, particularly with the amounts they let me charge. In 24 months, my Chap 13 falls off, and I will instantly rebound to AMEX PLat - as long as I keep things perfect.

    Anyway - thats the dog's life in SF for the moment!

    best regarfs - dogman :)
  13. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    In Virginia, I can ask my next door neighbor to represent me if I want to.

    Mom is in VA.

    But I was saying that she can file suit for her husband in small claims court.

    I have represented my Mom in traffic court. I have had someone appear for me in court in another city.

    I wouldn't act as someone's counsel, but I would be able to represent them.
  14. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Hey there dog! good to see ya!
  15. bbauer

    bbauer Banned

    In Oklahoma we can only do it by special permission and that's not usually given.
    The right to seek counsel of one's choice is not always quite what one would think in some states where one can seek counsel of one's choice so long as the counsel of choice is o member of their clicque, duly pre-inspected and approved by them.
  16. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    By "represent" I do not mean "counsel" - two different things. I advise using members of the clique when counsel is needed, and VA does not allow unlicensed persons to act as lawyers, either.
  17. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    THANK YOU breeze!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be on that ASAP:)

    Thanks again

Share This Page