Here's one for you all to ponder!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fingrrrl, Jun 4, 2001.

1. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I recently applied for a credit card online from everbank.com. Today I received my (denial) letter from them regarding my application. The credit agency that influenced their decision was Experian and moreover, the reason they refused to extend me credit was because Experian said I had no credit file with them. WHAT?!?!?! It clearly stated that, NO CREDIT FILE in big letters. I can't believe it. I only have two credit cards, two charge cards and a student loan under my social security number and they say I have no credit file with them. I've been denied by other banks before who've pulled Experian, so I know I have a file with them. Why wouldn't I? Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? What the heck is going on?

2. jp

jp Well-Known Member

You may want to call Everbank to ensure that the social security number collected by the online application actually matches yours. If there was an error in the social, that could be the reason for the "NO CREDIT FILE" message. Just a thought.

Regards,
    JP

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Did they send their rejection notice via email or regular mail? I applied and have gotten the notice via email that they are processing my app. I am wondering if I hear nothing else via email that it means I may be accepted. -Dave

4. fingrrrl

I got my rejection letter via snail mail.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Oh well, I was hoping...still have my fingers crossed but my aura is not as bright as before. Thanks for the info. -Dave

6. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

If any of your creditors havent used Experians repository for any of their decisions, it is quite possible. Except ,I thought that student loans appeared on all three. It is definately weird situation.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I ASSUME YOU HAVE ANOTHER CREDIT REPORT FROM THE OTHER 2...SEND A COPY OF THE "BEST" ONE WITH A COPY OF YOUR REJECTION LETTER!!!!

ASK THEM TO RECONSIDER.

8. fingrrrl

Yes it definitely is weird, especially since I finally went to eloan.com today to my FICO score... 641...not bad. But anyway, eloan pulls from Experian and I clearly have a file with them. Who knows. *LOL* Oh well...I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten platinum anyway, not with that score. :)