Hey Dogman, I have a question.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 22, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I got a secured optima in May 2000. I did not realize at the time that they do not report to the credit bureau. I actually found that out at this site. But still I kept the card to get a relationship going with AMEX. I never had any kind of AMEX card before. My question is do you really think that they will give me a card in about 12-18 months. And if they do will it be the green card. And if I get green card how long before I can get a gold. My income is high enough for gold priviledges and I have other cards (now citibank of course) with perfect payment history starting back in 4/99. The only thing on my report is my defaulted/consolidated student loans.

2. Jo

Jo Guest

Not Dog, but I may be able to

I had the Secured Optima for about 6 months b/c they wouldn't give me a regular card (no bad credit- just new to it) and I applied for a Gold Card and was declined. At the same time, Dog was getting his application handled and was sharing his advice with us here...so I did as he did (called 1-800-THE-CARD and asked to speak to someone at the Centurion Bank) and they were able to discuss my application with me and the guy then approved it for me.
    Dog's reason for the BK was medical and he got a rep who was sympathetic to that. Since all you have are defaulted student loans, you may be able use a cute voice and laugh at some insanely stuid jokes (in the event that you get a rep with a sense of humor) and basically kiss a little ass and you should have no problem getting a card!
    Hope this helps! Let me know!

-Jo

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Hey Dogman, I have a quest

I think they will give you a Green when you apply -
    I think they will want at least 6-12 months B4 Gold upgrades- unless you have othewr good accts, no credit etc.

I think Jo got changed or upgraded a couple of times - but for me - I got the Green Card!
    Dogman

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Not Dog, but I may be able

Thanks for the advise. I will try it and see how it goes. I Nov makes 6 months with the secured card.