Hey Mirage - Re: Junum.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Sam,

I am really sorry that you are having trouble with Junum. They did good work for me but I have not been a client for a while, as I felt that they had done all they could do for me. 14 Deletions.

I am very curious to know if you opened the letters and what did Junum write to the CRA's on your behalf?

Also, did they write the letters as Junum or as you?

If it were me, I would have immediately opened the letters to see what was in them. This is just me, but I would also share it with the board like Dave did with his returned Lexington letter.

Hope you don't mind me asking this.

Best regards - Jim

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I am disappointed that Mirage (sam) may not have seen this thread.

Everyone who has been - or is considering being a client of Junum would like to know what is in the Junum letters to the CRA's.

Jim

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

How Junum disputes is not a big secret, someone here has posted their methods.

In summuary it is not a letter, but a dispute form. Junum checks off what they feel is the best request for an investigation which hopefully will lead to a deletion.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks sam!

However, I thought I had read every thread and every post about Junum heresince October. I was unaware of this until today.

I presume that they used your name, ie. "sam" not Junum?

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I got back my most recent TU report to find another positive tradeline deletion. This makes a total of three. Since they are waiving my membership fee for 4 months I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

By the time they are finished my credit report will be completely blank and I'll have to start from scratch.

Manny

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Lexington disputed a positive on my Equifax report this round (actually I have two accounts from this creditor, one positive and one negative and I think Equifax disputed the positive one just to be obtuse).

We'll see what becomes of it.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey Dave!!

Doesn't that just fry you. I'll bet it was EQ too.

Say Dave, on another matter. - How long did it take for that "Manya" person to call you back in regard to your Planet Feedback E-mail to Providian? I am going to send an E-mail myself the same way.

Thanks - Jim

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I think the thread was connected with the Lex posts. Yes, Junum use my name.

Best regards,
    Sam

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I would not put that past them. I had one positive deleted (then it re-appeared next month) but I checked with Junum and they were disputing 4 items (what they usually did) all 4 were deleted along with that positive...so I would not put it past the CRA's to delete items out of spite...though to be fair, I have no proof, since I did not send the dispute in...it did make me wonder hmmmmmm.

Has anyone who is NOT using Junum or Lex (or similar service - ie. disputing on their own) seen POSITIVE items "disappear" after disputing? If not, we can assume Junum and Lex may be disputing the positives.

-Dave

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: sam

Thanks for settling once and for all that Junum signs our names on the disputes they send for us to the CRA's and not Junum's name.

To: Dave:

In round three results with Junum, a good tradeline from the 80's disappeared. I suspected junum caused the problem or that Experian deleted it out of spite.

However, I contacted the retail store directly. They told me that they are no longer reporting to Experian as a cost saving measure. Also, the retail store gave me a "heads up" that this tradeline will drop off either EQ or TU soon for the same reason.

In summary - I had no trouble with Junum at all regarding deleting good tradelines