Hey Roni, need to pick your ci

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have been going through the threads trying to find it, honest, but couldn't. I recall you stating something about citibank gold calling for verfication b/c the phone was not in your name, I am remembering correctly?? I talked my cousin into applying for the card, he applied for the gold, trouble is he is a truck driver and it on the road roughly 26 days a month, he is home every other weekend. I told him I wasn't sure but they may call to verify his info and if he isn't there he may not get it. I thought you mentioned that to LadyCarr or something along those lines, or have I just lost my mind LOL.

Mom

2. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Not Roni but,

that's what she said. I applied for the Gold for my hubby and the phone is not in his name and they did not call to verify, and our number is unlisted. I think they do that verification stuff at random, or if something is questionable.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Lol.

Yes, that is correct. No need to search threads. You can always ask again. Right. I moved so they couldnot verify my address for the gold because, my phone was turned off. So I called them, gave them my new #. Well I had it unlisted. They were unable to verify that one. Ugh. So the wanted me to wait until I got my first phone bill, mail it in and then they would use that to verify phone and address and approve the application. No way, I could not wait 30 days for a first phone bill. So I call Verizon, Listed my phone # and Address. This took 12-24 hours for it to show in directory assistance. Then I called Citi, and while I was on the phone she verified it, she clicked back over and said, you are approved. Yeh! So get this down and tell your cousin. Took me no time. He should just call them instead of trying to be home when they call.

roni,

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Maybe they do it for us credit shabby types. plus I have moved around and have several addresses on my reports. ??? Just a thought.
    Citibank even called me again last week at work to verify my address on more time. Since my transunion report still has my NY address. I was from the fraud department and I had some major charges. They wanted to be sure it was me.

roni.

5. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Girl, let's not talk about credit shabby. We have a few addresses on our report and my husbands credit is still fairly new. And we ain't even gonna discuss mine with a 580 to 600 score with no negatives, now that's shabby.

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Maybe they do it for us credit shabby types. plus I have moved around and have several addresses on my reports. ??? Just a thought.
    Citibank even called me again last week at work to verify my address on more time. Since my transunion report still has my NY address. I was from the fraud department and I had some major charges. They wanted to be sure it was me.

roni.