Hey Roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

So what's your take on the article the Citibank rep posted?? Just curious, it appears to me that they really don't want our limits reported for fear of other potential lenders luring us away. So Experian is doing what citibank wants, I am just afraid of what will happen if the other 2 agencies follow it also.

Mom:)

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I havenot read it yet. The first citibank rep I spoke with said that citibank was no longer reporting limits. Then when I called last week, a rep checked with the credit dispute department and they blamed it on experian. I am confused since citi reported it to equifax. Well, at least it is on my equifax report. I am thinking about putting $9k in charges on my card at my office and then removing it. That will fix 'em. LOL.

roni.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think the first rep was correct. According to the article they DO NOT want the limits reported. I am just afraid the Eq and TU will start complying with this and that would really stink:(

Mom

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is b.s. I just read the article. Dang. How did I miss that. It was addressed to me. But I wasnot home at all 11/19. That must be why. But anyway, it sounds like equifax doesnot like the practice. My question is why are they upset that citibank is doing this. Capital one has been doing this all along. I bet capital one has been lieing about the credit limit all along. Slimballs. So where does that leave us. From reading that, I have a new course of action in mind. I am writing experian and I am writing the FTC. This is not fair. Not at all. But I promise you this MOm, One way or another, my credit limit is gonna be on my credit report.

Roni.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I hear you Roni, this is completely unfair to the consumer since ratios play a key part in your overall score. I will also be writing Experian and the FTC myself, this is complete BS as you so kindly put it!!

Mom

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

In that article, experian stated that 35% of consumers have their credit score drop because of this practice. This is making me hot. That's hot as in 'mad', Pat. Lol

roni

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

and you know

We are part of that 35%!!!!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: and you know

Always. Mom, Always. We should go out and buy nice $9K piece of ice (that's a diamond mom). And then change out minds before leaving the store.

roni.