Hey Sam!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Hard work????

Shell wrote:
    "So you believe having TEN chargeoffs totaling 10K and doing nothing for a few
    years then starting again with subprime is hard work"

I believe Sam's past finance handlings are none of your business. And yes, he has WORKED VERY HARD hard to restore his credit rating. I'm grateful that he shared his success stories here.

Saar

2. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Moral issues?

Neither have I, but I don't see what relevance it has on trying to tell other people how they should have handled their finance.

Saar

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

What Sam is doing, most of us on this site is doing. IT IS HARD WORK, BABY. I am starting to think you got lost somewhere in cyberspace. Why are u at this site. Did you NOT pay something. Or are you perfect in the credit category? If not, couldn't you have borrowed the money to pay your debts? Couldn't you have worked 2-3 jobs to pay them? Couldn't you or your kids if you have any, done without somethings to pay those debts back? Why were you ever late on something? Dont you mark your calendar and pay your creditors before you pay yourself?

Since you dont think it is hard work, what exactly have you done to repair your credit? And if you have no credit problems and you just read this site 'for fun', why in the heck are you commenting on something that you have never done. If you do have credit problems and you are using this site to get info to improve your credit, you should know that it is tremendous work. Writing letters to the credit bureaus, calling the credit bureaus when they ignore your letters, hiring companies like Junum.com just to get inaccurate info off your report which is your right by the FCRA but the Big 3 just refuse to help the average consumer out, is tremendous work. Paying high annual fees for subprime cards and then never, never, never, ever be late on mailing a payment no matter what else is going on in your life, for the 2 years(24 consecutive months) it will take just to have these little baby subprime cards show an increase in your credit score. IT IS TREMENDOUS WORK. I worked my butt off to repair my credit. I also remember when Sam stubbled on this site and started making tremendous strides in improving his credit. YOUR COMMENT THAT THIS IS NOT HARD WORK REALLY GETS UNDER MY SKIN. I let it go the first few times you said it, but not this time. I ask you again, how have you improved your credit with anything less than hard work. I would like for you to tell MOMof3 that this whole process is not hardwork.

And I also will point out, that SAM NOT ONCE SAID THAT HE WOULD NOT PAY THE CHARGE OFFS BACK. JUST NOT NOW. That makes sense. Common sense. He can pay those debts back later when he has a higher score which will mean he will have a lower APR on his car and credit cards which will ultimately mean that he can afford to take care of the debts (if he chooses). All the man said was that he was happy that he was able to pay this NEW debts and you can't even let him enjoy that.

roni

roni

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Bravo!! What roni said!!

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Moral issues?

Thank you for responding. The relevant point is this: for most credit issues, the law doesn't tell us one way or the other what we should do. We need other standards or forms of reasoning, such as ethical standards or ethical reasoning. Robust debate about ethics helps us form our own ethical ideas, without which our actions may prove self-defeating in the long run.