HH credit card...is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 16, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

How easy is it to get a household credit card. I see they are offering an intro of 2.9% for balance transfers. I was just wondering if someone can give me some insight. Thanks

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Better read up on them first.

breeze

3. mother2

Ok, since that doesn't sound

to good what about Aria?

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Ok, since that doesn't sound

Aria is Providian. I have had no problems with them. They gave me my first card when no one else would give me credit, and have treated me very well.

You will see both positive and negative info about Providian, but generally speaking, I would say if you don't screw around with them, they'll be good to you. Mess up and you're dead.

breeeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Ok, since that doesn't sound

I really like my Aria..now GetSmart..:)

Ok, I must be old..but whenever I look at this card, read about this card, whatever, I think of Maxwell Smart from the series...sigh...scary stuff.

6. mother2

I have providian VISA and MC but

the interest rate is just high. I'm trying to find a card that I can be approved for to transfer these balances. My credit is ok....not the best but I haven't had any lates in over 2 years.

7. mother2

Thanks NanaC

I like your quote....I find myself bobbing my head from side to side, singing it....lalalalallalalaa

Was it hard to get an Aria card?

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks NanaC

Howdy..glad you like my tune...lol

Ok, I had a Cap One for $200 (whoohoo)..and I'm rebuilding after a 1996 bk13. I have a fairly clean report after some clean up work...anyway, I applied online for instant approval of $500..

Side note..after receiving this, I talked to Capone via Planetfeedback and received an increase to 600.

:)

Good luck to you!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks NanaC

Just lates, over 2 yrs ago? If that's all that's neg on your report, why not try the B of A plat. It's not true plat. but it has BT at 9.9 for the life of the BT. your purchase APR will probably be high, but don't use it for purchases.

breeze

10. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

I hate Household. They sent me a letter informing me that my APR would goto 20.99 because of a CR they pulled. I dont have any lates and never have. I assumed it was balance to limit ratios. I tried 5 times unsuccessfully to have them lower my apr. Customer server response was " We don't see any offers for this card." They are slow to raise limits but are easy to attain. They will offer you a balance transfer and after your teaser rate is up they will max out your apr. They have terrible customer service. I wrote to the CEO and received a form letter. I wrote to PFB and they never responded.

BIG GRIN... I paid these loan sharks off.
    I had a 4600 CL. They are calling me now with offers.