Hi all, been missing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Melissa, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Hi missed you all. I have been working so much that I have zero time to post. I am so glad that the owners finally made this bb so we had to register. Anyway, I haven't heard a single word back from Junum yet and I joined well over a month ago. Infact, I was just charged my 2nd monthly fee about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I am hoping to hear something soon from the credit bureaus but so far nada. Anyway, I wanted to congratulate some of you on your recent improved credit scores and new prime credit cards.
    For you newbies, keep asking questions and keep working hard at improving your credit and it will pay off. It is a big uphill battle to get back out of the world of poor credit and I know because I am still there but trying hard to climb out.
    Take care everyone:)

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Welcome back!!

Did I understand you correctly - You have not received your Junum welcome package yet???

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Theres a junum welcome packet? I signed on April 7th and haven't gotten anything from them yet.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa,
    Sorry to hear you are working so hard :) I am just about in your Junum cycle, just received my second bill...don't expect to hear anything from Junum other than the statement.

On the other hand, I did receive confirmation from TU and Experian that they received my disputes (the ones sent by Junum) and they are working on them. Never heard from Equifax. I am told that others received no such confirmation from TU and Ex but they had received them nonetheless. HOwever, LKH had some recent problems confirming that TU had received any disputes, so IF YOU ARE CONCERNED, it may be wise for you to call the CRA's to confirm they have received some dispute from you although some of the reps feed you mis-information so take things with a grain of salt. Don't be specific as to what disputes (since you dont know) - say "you dont have the information in front of you but you wanted to know simply if they had received the dispute letter since you have heard nothing back from them".

Glad to see you back. -Dave

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Erica,

I got my Junum welcome package about 2 weeks after I joined in October.

Have you requested your credit reports from the CRA's yet or is Junum requesting them for you - for a fee?

You may want to call junum tomorrow.

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

They received my reports on the 26th and sent out disputes on or about the same day. At least that is what the rep told me when I called. As of yesterday, no welcome package. Oh well, I guess I'm not welcome. lol

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Melissa:
    When you log on to Junum and check "myjunum," you can check the status of your disputes? Have you sent in your credit reports? If so, it should say when they were received and disputed. You can view them under "credit reports," as well.

I can tell you that I didn't hear anything from anybody for 60 days from my first disputes through junum. I can also tell you it was worth the wait.

I really encourage you to call junum with ANY questions at all!

The welcome packet I got was just my online forms and a single email that said welcome.

Good luck to you!

8. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

I sent my reports to them like 2 days after I signed up. I got the 3 credit merged report from Monitrust that they offered at Junum's website. They inturn received my merged report and sent out disputes immediately. I have never even gotten confirmation from the credit bureaus yet that they received disputes. I am hoping Junum is working for me:( It is having me worried that they are just collecting money and not really doing anything. I try to call them but for some reason their 800 number doesn't work from where I live which is Kansas City area. I have never gotten a welcome package from signing up(March 14th is my original sign up date) Someone said the first time should be about 45 days for updated reports to appear but I haven't even been notified by the credit bureaus that they got any disputes at all. Looks like I might be just forking out money but they aren't doing a damn thing. I will try to call tomorrow. Thanks all for the information

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Melissa,

I joined so long ago (October) that I think the welcome package has been cut down or eliminated. You are doing fine with your disputes at this point.

EQ will never notify you that they received your disputes.

I got notified by TU and EX but this is not for my benefit just the CRA's.

Good luck

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I agree with Jim, I have assumed Junum is doing their job. No reason to doubt it until I have real reason to do so (60 days and not response from CRA) give it time. They are doing fine for you. But as I said before, call them if you are unsettled, or call the CRA to confirm receipt. You have the right to do so. -Dave

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I had a problem with Equifax claiming to have never received the disputes. After 60 days and 3 mailings from Junum (1 certified), they finally admit to having received it. Also, I signed up approximately Feb, 6th, and I have never received a welcome package. As far as the results go, if Equifax turns out as well as Exp. and TU have, I will be very happy. I am on round 2 with TU and Exp. and yesterday I received my first confirmation letter. It was from TU, and had nothing about the are you using a credit repair firm or are you using a lawyer.