Hi momof3, glad you're back

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 18, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

How does it feel being a homeowner. I am sooo happy for you. I know that one day, I will be posting my feelings about owning a home.

I kind of got side tracked. I got off the wagon and starting applying for cc's. You know the deal.....when a mom gets a little cocky..LOL.

All denials. Denied for Home Depot, denied for Target. And now probably denied for Citibank. I'll know in about 3-4 weeks. I am on the wagon and here I'll stay...promise.

I guess I just got jealous of all the rest of our posters, getting all these great "prime deals". WHEN WILL I BECOME PRIME MATERIAL.....IS IT TOOO MUCH TO ASK?!!!!

I feel better now. :eek:)

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hi mom. It's feels great. Don't worry you WILL get there, a few months back I would have never imagined owing my own home, but it happened for me and it will for you as well, it just takes time and patience ( I know it sucks waiting), but I am sure in time you will be sitting in your very OWN home and soon after the prime cards will come, don't give up you are going to do just fine:)

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Cheer up mother2

I know you're kinda bummed...I can totally relate. I've been getting big fat "NO"s everywhere lately. :-(

I'd been using my Equifax CR like a crazy person....and now, I have like 19 inquiries! It's hard to NOT apply but we have to be strong :)

I'm not applying for anything else because I'm looking to get a new car in October or November. From now until then, some of my inquiries should fall off. I'm also working on disputing them to have them removed.

Don't worry....baby steps! It'll all come together. Keep your head up!

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mother2,

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I also get upset at how easily other people here seem to get the PRIME goodies. The ones that really piss me off are those with a BK. It seems is if you have a BK and have 2 years of good credit you are gold. But people like me that didn't do BK are slime and can't get approved.

I just keep paying everything on time. I guess sooner or later my PRIME will happen. I'm going on 30 months of this now.

I'm also not going to apply or have ANY inquiry on my report for at least the next year.