High limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bobby, Jan 6, 2001.

1. bobby

bobby Guest

How long after you pay a balance down to 0 do you wait and what will they offer you?

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

>>bobby wrote:
    -------------------------------
    >>How long after you pay a balance down to 0 >>do you wait and what will they offer you?

Bobby...

What are you waiting for?... What balance?... and what is it that they will offer you?... You really have to be more specific if you want anyone to help you.

Regards,
    Alex
    www.Creditinsiders.com

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

You should wait a couple of months. If they do not offer you a lower interest rate or a higher limit, borrow close to the limit, make large payments and make them early. This method has worked for me over the years.
    This is the CreditWorks method. Our company has built close to $100,000 in credit limits in less than 4 years.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. bobby

bobby Guest

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.Whats your experiance with discover platinum?

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Discover is OK. They have raised my limits a couple of times. The borrowing, paying off, waiting and borrowing again method has worked very well for me. CreditWorks was established to build credit as a company. It is working nicely.

Lower your cost, increase your limits, EARN money, exercise your credit.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My personal experience with
    DISCOVERCARD PLATINUM...

I charge between $2,000 & $12,990
    ($13,000 LIMIT) every month and pay in full.

NO AUTOMATIC CREDIT LINE INCREASE EVER!!!
    The one credit line increase I got I had to apply for...SO A CREDIT REPORT WAS PULLED.

SO DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MANY PEOPLE BASH FIRST USA BUT...

When my 2.90% expired I paid it off in full, then I called one month later and asked about another balance transfer they gave me 3.90% and said "DO YOU WANT THE ALREADY APPROVED $5,000 CREDIT LINE INCREASE, NO APPLICATION, NO CREDIT REPORT???

YES!!!

8. bobby

bobby Guest

Thanks, paid off 6600 on 7600 limit. Account is 9 months old!