Hilarious offer from Cross Country!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SofaKing, Aug 22, 2001.

1. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

In yesterday's mail:

* 20.99%

* NO grace period

* $50 annual fee

* $100 account origination fee

BWAAAAA...... HAAA.... HAAAAAAA.... BWAAAAAA....

HAAAAAAAAA..... HAAAAA

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Don't forget the "processing fee" and the credit limit so low that you'll owe THEM money before you even get the card.

3. EdG

EdG Well-Known Member

And the monthly participation fee. Or is that Providian.

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

My husband got the same offer in the mail yesterday. I think that $100 Origination fee is the processing fee. Did you also get the little note that says they did not make their decision to send you that offer lightly? Total joke! LOL

They want some more suckers whose credit they can mess with!

5. SofaKing

Yea, got the little note too... so precious!!

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh WOW!!

Isn't this the one charges you for phone calls to customer service?

breeze

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh. If you don't use it can I have it??? Please... that's almost as good as the Bank of Marin offer I got several months ago.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yes......I've gotten this offer before and started crying cause I was laughing so hard.

Then the best was last week. A co-worker of mine was bragging about how she has EXCELLENT credit and how she waltzed in to Bank Auto Sales (the mom and pop buy here pay here rape artists) and could pick any car she wanted. Why did she leave there w/ a 1995 Nissan Maxima w/ 140k miles on it for like $11,000? To top it off.....I went to drop some papers off at her desk and she had the application for the Cross Country Visa Gold card on her desk already filled out and ready to be mailed! Don't people read the fine print? I just went back to my desk and died!

9. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I received the same application yeserday. It went immediately into the garbage can.

Mike G.

10. SofaKing

Jeez, you would think they would at *least* have a grace period!

SK

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Nope! The Origination Fee is for opening the account. The processing fee is simply for reviewing your "pre-approved" application.

What nerve, eh!

12. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I received the same offer yesterday.I guess some creditors don't think I'm out of sub-prime yet? Screw them!!!

13. EdG

EdG Well-Known Member

Funny, I think we're all on the same crappy little mailing list.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, and the CRA's are doing their best to keep us all there!!

breeze

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

And you will be OVER LIMIT...so you get hit with the over limit fee, before you use the card!!!!

16. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Good one George!

17. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I don't see a processing fee for this offer. A 20.99% APR, $50 annual fee, no grace, and a $100 origination fee. Did I miss something in the fine print? I get a good laugh everytime I read the paperwork.