Hmmm..Dont like new format much

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by IamBuzzed, Apr 27, 2001.

1. IamBuzzed

IamBuzzed Well-Known Member

This format is really going to a while to get used to. Im all for the registration but the new design its harder to read the replies. oh well, im sure in a couple of days i'll like it.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree. Plus, the search option is very buggy. But at least we have no more imposters.

Saar

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I like the new board, But, I do agree with Buzzed that when reading new posts, you have to scroll all the way up to the top. I guess that won't be a problem, once we all settle in and start reading, but for now it is kind of annoying.

Anyways, Keep up the good work PBM!!!

4. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

I don't care for the format much either. Ah well, I guess we'll have to live with it.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Change is good. :)

6. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

It will take me a while to get used to it, but I am glad that it changed. The registration should help keep the morons out. The only thing that gets me is that the page starts at the bottom. If you haven't read any of the posts yet, it is kinda irritating.

Other than that, I love the change! After a week, we should all be used to it!

Dustin

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

If you read the post for the first time, you can reply. But once you read it and go back later to reply, you can't. It locks me out. This will be bad if you and another poster are having a running discussion.

Is this happening to anyone else? Suppose I want to reply to someones old answer to me from yesterday??

PMB can this be looked into and fixed?

8. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

I DON"T LIKE NEW BOARD!!!!!!

The only thing I don't like is when you pull up a thread, you start at the bottom. You should start at the top. It's like reading a book backwards. Unless, of course I'm doing something wrong.

9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Re: Scrolling down

Currently, it scrolls down because the board attempts to bring you down to the first post that it thinks you haven't read.

This is a good thing once you've read some. The problem is that when you first register, it marks everything as read, and the first unread in a totally read thread is the bottom reply.

So the scrolling down bit will be annoying for the first day, but hopefully will be an asset once things settle down.

If it's too annoying, we can pretty easily change it so that clicking on the main link takes you to the top and clicking on the arrow icon takes you to the first unread.

10. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I think that would be great.

Reshod:)

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY 4.7 NETSCAPE DOESN'T ACCEPT REPLY BUTTON...WORKS ON MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER...NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE MORE LESSONS ON HOW TO USE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLOYER...I didn't even know it was on the computer.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

junior member?
    how do you graduate?

13. admin

I just made a change a little bit ago that will hopefully fix the Netscape reply issue. Please let if know if it fixes or doesn't fix this issue, while I go find Netscape to download. *mutters about fixing the Peanut Butter Moderator's problems for him* ;)

14. admin

Your member title changes the more you post.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NO

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TO CLARIFY...NETSCAPE NO CLICK BUTTONS WORK...

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Also...

Is it me or is this corect:

Everytime someone replies to a thread, that post is automatically put at the top of all posts???

18. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Admin - My suggestion/request

Hi,

I was wondering what you and others thought about adding a section under "Profiles" were you can also (along w/ your yahoo id, etc.) list what cards and accounts you currently have so that people can address questions to people based on this info. What do you think????

When will we be able to add our biography, location, etc.???

19. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Admin - My suggestion/request

The spell check is great. But I liked the old board. This will take some getting used to.

20. admin

Re: Admin - My suggestion/request

That's a good idea for Profiles, I'll pass that on to PBM and the rest of the team and see what they think.

Biography, location, etc. used to be changable under your profile (along with like 2 pages of other information). To make profile editing more streamlined, PBM took out that information, but forgot to remove it from profile display. Do you think information like location, biography would be nice to have?