Hmmm..this really is a bad day

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, May 2, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok...I just wrote this long whiny post about my no good very bad day which held a dumb credit card question..and I can't find it..

so..I'll repeat..sigh..

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a CC mastercard and a CC mastercard gold? I did a search and got 5 results stating something about a fire lake...

It's been too nasty a day to figure it out..so I'm just gonna ask and hope ya'll understand..

Thanks!

2. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

I think the only difference between "gold" and regular "or classic" credit cards is the "perks" - like, if I rent a car on my Gold or Plat Visa/MC, I can waive the collision coverage because Visa/MC will cover it. There might be a few more, but that is the only "perk" I ever use.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Gregory..thanks for replying..ok..so we just noticed that his statement (hubby's) and picture on the website had changed and wondered what was up. He is due for an account review and so..we wondered!

Thanks!

4. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Nana,
    Greg is right...it's really the perks (and usually the limit) that are different...

tomorrow will be better!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks Hurricane..I guess anything is better than nothing.

Since the picture changed at CCB..has anyone any experience, does a notice follow regarding the change to Gold Card status?? Just wondering if he should be looking for something in the mail.

Thanks!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow, my bad day has now turned into a very nice day after..with good news on my new job with a substantial pay increase ...

Got my update from Equifax credit watch showing 2 new deletions (thank you, Junum) though nothing official on paper yet..

SallieMae promises to fix the credit reporting error...

and my headache is gone.

What more can you ask for??

Oh, yeah, and the Avalanche Rule worked...and, I'll just say 3-0...nothing more.

Yahoo..

Thanks to all who let me vent here...