Holy Sh%*!!! Gas PRICES!!!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by matty61184, Sep 11, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

My goodness, I just got gas here in Waterloo, Iowa, and it was $1.93 a gallon. The news said it is $3 a gallon in Des Moines, and $9 a gallon in chicago!!! Thats OUTRAGEOUS!!! If it gets to that, I'll be riding my bike!

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Probably a spike in prices. I guess this is speculative, since no one knows whether oil flow from the Mideast will be totally disrupted or not. Even if it is, I doubt if the $9 price will stick.

Thanks for an interesting post.

3. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

This is simple profiteering. These people are not much better than theives.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

isn't that illegal ??

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

matty61184 | 152 posts since Jul 2001 24.4.252.116 | 09.11.2001 @ 17:31

My goodness, I just got gas here in Waterloo, Iowa, and it was $1.93 a gallon. The news said it is $3 a gallon in Des Moines, and $9 a gallon in chicago!!! Thats OUTRAGEOUS!!! If it gets to that, I'll be riding my bike!

What news are you reading,MAD TV? LOL.

6. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

Yes i agree that the gas prices are going to be very bad after todays events from new york,and D.C,with our ever slowing economy,and the news is getting worse that the economy is heading for a recession after what happen today this will really put a financial blow to our suffering economyKeep your eye's on the stock market,and watch it go to HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1.

7. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I just filled up a few hours ago, 1.26 a gallon, same as yesterday, here in Atlanta.

Shawn

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SUPPOSEDLY DENVER $4.00...FORT COLLINS CO JUST @ MY CORNER 1.699...FIFTY PEOPLE IN LINE!!!

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

this is so stupid. Think about it, if we go to war, gas is going to be high for a long long time. If you missed out on low prices day, you might have saved $20-30 bucks in the long picture of months..

folks that use this tactic to make more money have NO respect for this tragedy, and will not get my business ever again..

10. matty61184

I was watching our local NBC affiliate, and my cousin told me his friend in chicago had just called him about the outrageous prices in chicago.

11. matty61184

It's obvious, people are panicking, and trying to get as much gas as they can. This messes with the supply and demand. Either, these bastards are trying to make an easy profit, or their supply has been greatly affected by the tons of people getting gas, causing prices to rise. Keep us up to date with the prices in your local area. I'll post what it is here in Iowa tomorrow.

12. matty61184

By the way guys, sorry if this is off topic from credit, i should have posted in the other room, but I thought it's pretty important, especially when prices inflate upwards of 2-3 dollars. Hope I didn't upset anyone.

13. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I am in the Chicago area and gas prices are still $1.87 to $1.99 for regular. There have been some lines, but that has about been it. Govenor Ryan and State's Attorney Ryan have been made aware that there has been some gouging in the southern part of the state. They state they will not allow gouging and this will be investigated.

I still need to fill up the tank as I am at a quarter of a tank. Probably should have done it on the way home from work as we were sent home at 10 this morning. I haven't left the house since. I guess I'll just try to fill the tank tomorrow.

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Prices are the same so far here in mass

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GAS $2-$3 per gallon!

I always pay over $2 per gal in SF.
    Regular is normally $2.10 ish.
    Premium last week $2.37 ish

Fortunately, the Maxima gets 28 in the city - 32 on the freeway with a slick 6 cylnder. AND, remember from my GEICO posts, I only drive 3K miles per YR!

HOWEVER - I do not feel sorry for the people who bought gas guzzlers for comfort and/or speed.
    If you bought it knowing it gets 10 in the city - 15 on the road - corvette? - pay the money for the gas.
    You knew this would happen eventually.

nothing has changed with respect to gas prices today in san fran

c ya dogman

16. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Re: GAS $2-$3 per gallon!

I just bought a 94 taurus. Havent had a car in 10 years LoL..I get about 200 miles on a full tank is that ok? By the way gas is $1.45 for 87 octane 1.62 for the good stuff.. Also i get mobile or exxon for the upromise program for kids college

17. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

Gas is still $1.68 a gallon here in SoDak. Atty general came out and said he'd prosecute gougers to the full extent of his authority.

18. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Filled the tank on the way to work this morning. Gas was still $1.86 for regular in the Chicago area. No lines either and no outs (at least no outs at the station I filled up at). Other stations seem to be the same. Same price as yesterday and no lines. Let's hope things have stabilized with gas.

19. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Tons of lines here in Lansing Michigan area... started seeing them yesterday (Tues) on the way home from work. Gas was 1.57/gal Monday when I got some -- that's reg unleaded. Today saw $2.00 reg unleaded..with reports of $4.00 reg/unleaded in the Detroit area.

Deb

20. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Same report as yesterday in Atlanta.

I filled up yesterday for 1.26 a gallon.
    On my way in town, prices were 1.26 - 1.29 for reg, 1.34-1.38 for mid grade, and 1.44-154 for premium.

No lines, no outs (except for a broken pump)

There was a number on the local news this AM to report gouging, but I haven't heard of any reports around here.

I am sad to hear that people are taking advantage of this situation.

Shawn