Holy Sh%*!!! Gas PRICES!!!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by matty61184, Sep 11, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: GAS $2-$3 per gallon!

WE ARE STILL $1.369 TO $1.399 (FROZEN PRICES)...

THE PAPER TOLD ABOUT THE $4.00+ PRICES AND SAID IT WAS ILLEGAL AND THEY WANTED TO KNOW ADDRESS...

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

May be time to get the SUVs & other gas hogs off the road:

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Another SUV hater? Last time I checked Ferraris and Lambos didn't have the best gas mileage either. High gas prices aren't caused by individuals who own SUVs, they are caused by greedy oil companies.

Dani

4. lbrown59

=======Dani you need to re read my post.I didn't single out the SUV.=====

5. lbrown59

Price isn't the issue.Wastefulness is!

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

But price is the issue. This is what the whole thread is about.

Dani

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WON'T GET RID OF MY GAS HOG...IT IS A "CRACKER BOX KILLER"...
    I SLID THROUGH AN INTERSECTION ON A YELLOW LIGHT ON ICE...SOMEBODY BEHIND ME COULDN'T STOP ON THE RED...SLID INTO MY BUMPER...MY 1979 OLDSMOBILE "BOAT" WASN'T SCRATCHED...HIS HAD PROBABLY $1,000.00 WORTH OF DAMAGE TO HIS "CRACKER BOX"...

I see on the news all the crash tests...some don't even have 5 MPH bumpers...15 MPH $1,000+ damage...THAT IS ILLOGICAL to have such a car.

It is "EXTRA" insurance...

8. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Regardless of all that, the larger vehicles DO consumer more gas, thus increasing the amount of gas we go through. Logically thinking it through, if everyone had cars, our gas consumption would be less, in essence. If we had all SUV's and sports cars, the consumption would be higher because they have poorer gas mileage than a regular car. When you factor this into the supply and demand, having more cars than SUV alleviates the supply, allowing prices to go down. It's all logical, most people just don't realize it.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN ELECTRIC CAR...IF I COULD PLUG IT IN AT WORK AND THE GROCERY STORE (IF NEEDED) AND IT COULD GO 200 MILES WITH-OUT HAVING TO STOP OVER NIGHT TO RECHARGE...AND IT COULD GO 70 MPH...