Home Depot Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, May 15, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Anyone Have it? Is it hard to get? Are the Credit Lines good? Thanks

2. rzyzzy

rzyzzy New Member

Had it, never used it, cancelled (by them) after I filed chapter7. I never owed them any money,
    but they reported it "Included in Bankruptcy" on all three reports (it was'nt included in BK, I did'nt owe them anything!)
    JERKS!

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I was sent pre-approval in December. Credit line already established at $1250. Immediately used it for 6 mo 0% deferred/ $0 payment deal on washer and dryer. They have online account access and payments can be made at the store (though I haven't done this - I use online payment and it posts in 2 days).

No billing/statement problems.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Accepted a preapproved offer they sent me for 5k limit a year ago. I keep the card around because of the 0% interest they will send you quite often for purchases over 250. Don't believe in keeping store cards because Visa and MasterCards are accepted at almost all stores.

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me that happened to rzyzzy. I had the account just over a year, used it maybe a couple of times, but kept it in good standing and did not have a balance when I filled the Chapt. 7. I also, did not include them in Chapt. 7 (why should I, I didn't owe them anything). Now here comes the strange thing, they have my account as discharged in a Chapt. 11 BK. I am not a business, nor was this a business account.

Home Depot should not be allowed to report a account included in a BK that was not. If they want to close the account just because they do not like the fact a BK was filed, they should indicate that it was closed by grantor. Maybe it doesn't make a difference, but they can't even get the Chapter right!

Kudos, JERKS (and that is putting it nicely)!