Home Depot Increase - thanks mj!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Aug 4, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I have had my Home Depot account since December ($1250 initial limit). At 6 months (June 25), they gave me a $500 increase. I read your comment in another post about not waiting for increases, and decided to call in today "just for the heck of it" to see what happens.

When they asked for the amount, I just put in $350 (make it $2100). The system approved it just like that! I am so psyched! The fact that I'll probably never use it all is irrelevant, it's just being able to get something that's so cool! Sears won't budge past $450 in almost 2 years. Kohl's gave me $1500 instant credit.

I tell you what, if it wasn't for this board over the last 2 years, I would still be accepting whatever I'm given, without ever calling in for limit increases, APR decreases, BT rates, ANYTHING!! (Of course, I'd have avoided the x.com thing, but we can't win them all ;-)

Thanks guys, keep passing on that knowledge!!

2. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Congrats!

They have some good 0% deals. And, now that your ratios look better, maybe the rest of them will follow!

Sears is a stickler - they are strict about 9 months in-between increases. I've gone from $1,250 in 1996 to $16,000. Never could use it all, but they do report limits. They did 100% increases for the first two times, but ever since, they've been hovering around 30%. Every time it's required a human to do it, and usually after a period of time on hold. They haven't done a hard inquiry on me yet, but their system does peek every 6 months.

Wishing you the best -
    mj

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY SEARS IS ONLY $5,300, BUT I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR AN INCREASE...ONLY GOT AUTOMATIC ONES...OPENED 03/1979