Home Depot

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ann, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Ann

Ann Guest

Has anyone applied online for a Home Depot card and got a response as to approve or disapproved? I applied on line and the reponse wasn't a yes or no. Also is this card easy to get?

2. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

They do instant approvals and give you an account number online, however if your application required further processing or if it was declined, you should have received a reference number. If your application went through properly, you can give them a call now to check the status. Their number is 1-800-677-0232

3. Ann

Ann Guest

To LadyC RE: Home Depot

Are you saying since I received an reference number that means I was denied?

4. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Ann, I was declined with a FICO score of 606.

I don't recall getting an instant response but did received the decline in the mail.

Since then, have gotten 13 (total from all 3 CB, mostly outdated acc's) deletions off my report so my score should improve considerable by now.

I prefer a Home Depot card over Lowe's because there are several locations and closer to home, and I love their exchange policy. I will try again this spring.

Good Luck,
    Himmel

5. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: To LadyC RE: Home Depot

No, that's not what I'm saying. I got a reference # when I applied and I called them and they approved me over the phone. My sister applied and got an instant approval with her account number, and the same for Lowes. The reference # does't mean a straight denial. Call them and find out what's going on.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I was declined with a credit score of 640-660.

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

oops, that was supposed to be

8. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i was declined today to :{