Home Depot

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by IVAN, May 7, 2001.

1. IVAN

IVAN Well-Known Member

Hello, a new HD opened in my town and I was sent a pre-approved credit line of $3,000. Now, based on my credit profile, I would have never been approved for any card with a 3K limit. Well, the card arrived in the mail but it was in my business name. I have been using the card for several months and always paying the balance in full.

The card is financed by GE Capital Financial and is called a "commercial revolving charge". I am a self proprietor and not a corp. Since I received the card in 04/00, my credit has become much better. Just a few more "dings" and I'll be on my way. Question is, how can I get the card reported on my CR'S? HD never asked for my SS# on the application-can you believe that? I was going to call GE direct but wanted to wait until my credit was a bit better. Also, my name is nowhere on the card or statements.

Thanks

IV

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Ivan,
    Back in 98, I had Exxon Card and they enclosed the Home Depot Consumer Card pre-approved application. So I filled it out and I mailed back to them. They approved me $2000 even I had four charge-off accounts in my credit report. About two years ago, all my charged-off accounts came off from my credit reports, they increased my credit limit to $6600 after I asked them to ioncrease my credit limit a couple of times through the years. By the way I used it once a while and they reported it monthly to all credit bureaus. It helped to rebuild my credit history.

Ron.

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

So are u guys saying the Home Depot card, they never even do a credit check and thye report on all 3 CRAs? Wow, sounds too good to be true there..

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Ender,
    In December, I received a 'pre-approved' Home Depot mailing with my limit already set ($1250). There was a code on it that I plugged in online, and it finalized my approval. It did not generate a hard inquiry, and they do report. I don't know whether they did a pre-screen on Equifax or TU, because it's not on Experian.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Ender,
    Home Depot pulled credit from Equifax.They did check your credit.

Ron.