Home purchase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 1st time b, Nov 12, 2000.

1. 1st time b

1st time b Guest

I am looking to purchase a new home and I need some advice. I live in an area where the housing prices are pretty steep compared to the salaries, and I have a large student loan pmt in addition to a car pmt. I am slowly but surely paying off my credit cards and will be done with my car soon. I have some friends who took advantage of a builder's 1% down and no closing costs, but I was wondering if there were any other first time buyer programs out there. Any relevant advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Hi:

Check out this website:

http://www.hud.gov/buyhome.html

It's a government owned site with a lot of free information on purchasing your first home and all the government programs available.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Alex

-----------
    Free Credit Help!
    www.Creditinsiders.com

3. 1st time b

1st time b Guest

Thank you!!!!!:)

4. sl1029

sl1029 Well-Known Member

Also, check with your state/county/city depts. of housing...they often have special first time buyer programs, and/or closing cost assistance programs.

Also, by taking two cheap community college classes I put my student loans back into deferrment, and lenders don't count them if they are in deferrment.

1st time buyer wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I am looking to purchase a new home and I need some advice. I live in an area where the housing prices are pretty steep compared to the salaries, and I have a large student loan pmt in addition to a car pmt. I am slowly but surely paying off my credit cards and will be done with my car soon. I have some friends who took advantage of a builder's 1% down and no closing costs, but I was wondering if there were any other first time buyer programs out there. Any relevant advice would be greatly appreciated.