Hope...full factual..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jun 22, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, Hope!! :) I have a situation where a creditor is refusing to cooperate with the full factual whatever-it-is...how often does that happen? They won't confirm anything at all.

Thank ya! :)

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

It happens sometimes. For instance, one of my clients had a landlord who refuse to verify that the tenant had ontime renta payments for the past 2 years, (which was true).

Small creditors often just can't be bothered to answer to every inquiry they get concerning former tenants, Unlike large corporations, they're private persons and are just not set up for that.

In that case, I asked the lender to reverse the request and instead of asking "please verify that your former tenant had ontime performance...yada, yada; he asked, "if you have any objections to your former tenant's claim that she had ontime rent performance for the past 3 years, please indicate in writing by [date]. Otherwise, it is assumed that you concur with the tenant's claim."

It worked. But that was just one lender.I've not had to use it since, so I don't know if other lenders will do that.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, My situation is a little different..that really helps. I had a chap 13 and this was a large CC that was included. They are showing this correctly on 2 credit reports...then, on one report, it shows that I have a past due and says Wage EArner Plan instead of Chap 13. So, it's looking I'm past due on an account that was a bk..so can't be past due..does that make sense..

They refuse to verify either way..that I have a balance or that I don't...

So, how scary is this for me?

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

The Chap 13 is also known as the "wage-earner plan" because you pay off your creditors over a period of time (up to 5 years) rather than wipe out the debt at once, so at least the description may be correct on the CR.

But there are a number of ways your lender and/or Realtor can go about this. Just remember the important thing is to communicate, communicate, communicate, so that everyone remembers that this is a hiccup in the procedure and not to let things go until the eleventh hour.

The procedure can be antying from an overnighted letter of demand for response to a gentle phone call coaxing southern charm (coory, I'm originally from
    Georgia and can charm the birds from the trees.)

Stay on it. And take comfort in the fact that if you don't close most everyone else invloved don't get paid and they don't want that to happen!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Aha...I have the letter they were issued about the bankruptcy in 96..:) And, I have them on the final statement from the trustee. Whew! That should help!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you, Hope!! Luckily these papers may provide the needed answers without the company..jerks! You are a big help..thanks a million!