Hospital BIll, no collection agency

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fxs158, Aug 7, 2003.

1. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

Hi all again,

I have another question. I have some medical Bill's most are for services provided to my kids. The hospital in question does not use a collection agenmcy to collect money, instead they have a inhouse colollection.

What is the best way o tackle this? Should I simply pay them? My goal is to be able to buy a house within a year. I did send them a validation letter but for what I am reading they do not have to answer I am considering sending a second letter disputing the charges rather than validation, is this a good idea?

2. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

Correction, I noticed today that the hospital does use a collection agency, to make matter worst I have the listing under the hospital and then the same account under the collection agency. Can anithing be done so that they do not double wammy me?

3. malviti

malviti Active Member

validation to the CA and verification to the hospital if I'm not mistaken. Then dispute with CRA's. I'd do a search on this site though as I am a newbie too, but have been reading for 2 months now and this is what I believe are the correct steps.

HTH and do that search :)
    Me

4. Versed

Versed New Member

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member