Household Bank Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concern, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Concern

Concern Guest

I just applied for a household bank mastercard online and was approved for a $1500 credit line. Do anyone knows anything about this bank.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I've had my household card for a year. If you send in payment make sure you do it as soon as the bill arrives. I was going to cancel my account because once it took them two weeks to credit my account.

Then I found out they had online access for payment. So I've kept them. Once, they never credited a payment I had made online. I make multiple payments a month so I didn't incurr a fee. I called. They said it was a glitch they've taken care of. We'll see.

Finally, they don't have a toll free cs number. But I used their 800 number on their website when I called about the missing payment. Maybe you can reach cs through them that way.

Hmmmmm, after reading what I just wrote, maybe I should have just cancelled that card the other day. lol they did waive my annual fee.

Kelly

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Good tip re the 1-800 number from the website. I'll have to remember that, since they wil keep you on hold FOREVER on that 503 number.

It's odd that you wrote about the missing payment, because they never cashed a check of mine. The account got credited for the payment, but it never cleared my bank. Yay!

How did you waive the annual fee? I have argued with them for months on that or a credit line increase and gotten nowhere. I have a perfect history with them, too.

Marci

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Hi Marci,

I asked to close my account. She asked me why. I said it was annual fee time and I don't want to pay it. She did something on the computer and said she'd waive the fee.
    She did note that I had a $0 balance.

Kelly

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I know they turned me down.

roni

6. TK

TK Guest

It's almost renewal time for me as well. I think I'll be calling in to negotiate no annual fee, and perhaps even the APR, it's worth a shot.