Household Bank declines...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Apr 6, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

FYI: This is the card offering BT, advertised here.

They said

1. Too many accounts - I have 9 cards R1, 1 car loan I1.

2. Too many inquiries - 5 in last six months, 10 in the past year.

3. Derogatory public record or collection account - I have 2 paid tax liens totalling $3.000 - filed 1992, released 1996.

They checked Equifax - I'm in Virginia. When I checked it last month, my beacon score was 650.

breeze

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Believe me,you would not want to deal w/these people;they have REPEATEDLY made billing errors on my Levitz/Motorcycle accounts.

I will never deal w/them again because their customer service "don't know "& cannot assist you(will never let you speak w/supervisor/manager when you request to do so).I have sent NUMEROUS unanswered certified w/return receipt letters w/o any reply...other than name/date signed on receipt.There is only one person I know that has their Mastercard & he is NOT happy....$300.00 limit for about 2 yrs/no increase).

As you may tell,I truly HATE these people(only have know them by experience).

Sister Girl

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I agree with sisterGirl. I'm kinda suspicious of their practices. I received a gold mastercard offer in the mail from them. Glancing at it, it looks like a great deal. 3.9% intro for 6 months, no annual fee and a 25 day grace period. However, upon closer examination, I found a go to rate of 18.99%, a two-cycle billing method AND a minimum finance charge of $2.00. The minimum finance charge amount really shocked me. Most companies only charge up to $.50. This seems shady. I think you're better off without them. No telling what other tricks they have up their sleeve. Stay positive. You'll find better.
    :)

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Thanks, I feel better. I got Citibank card, and their rep says apply for a platinum. :)

breeze

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    Even though I got Citi Platinium Select card, Household just give $1500 credit limit for my GM Card. By the way I like Citibank more than Household Bank and I heard Household Bank customer service is bad. I like Citibank customer services is excellent.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

maybe this decline was a good thing ;) The last thing I need is problems with a CC company.

breeze

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

breeze,
    Why don't you apply for Citbank credit cards? I think they are easier to get than Household Bank and you get more credit limit from Citibank than Household. They only gave m $1500 for my GM Card evn I had a couple of Platinium cards in my wallet and no negative in my credit report.

Ron.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got one Citibank card about 3 weeks ago. I called and asked about a card offering a BT, and the rep suggested that I apply for a platinum select card. I am concerned because I read on their site that More than one application within 90 days was considered a "duplicate" - I don't know what that means. I asked the rep, and she said "Oh, don't worry, you can apply for another card now."

Are they going to put another hard inquiry on my report? Are they going to consider me, based on the report they already pulled? Are they going to just issue me any card I apply for? Does anyone know? I haven't even gotten a bill for the new Citi card yet. I am approaching the "too many inquiries" point with Equifax. That is what they pulled last time.

Suggestions? Answers?

thanx,

breeze

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

breeze,
    Many banks may turned you down because you have too many inquiries in six months. I think you should wait on it They may pull Equifax again depends where you live. In my case, they pulled TransUnion where I live in Texas. Do you need balnce transfer really bad? Of course they're going to pull hard inquiry in your report. Whether they issure the card that you apply for it depends on your credit history. By the way, the APR is based on your credit history. If you get good credit history, you will get better rate like auto insurance. By the way, I never apply two cards from them within 90 days,so I can't tell you they will treat as the duplicate.I think you can call the 301# and they will answer all your question and I don't remember right out of my head. sorry.

Ron

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Thanks
    I'm okay with paying - not in trouble, but a nice low rate would be nice - I do have a balance. I have gotten some of the CCC's to lower my rates. :)

Insurance rates are not a problem -

1) I am an agent, and

2)I have USAA's best rates - nobody can touch them. They do not check credit for insurance, but you do have to be military-connected.

breeze