Household Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've heard lots of horror stories about Cross Country Bank and a few others, but what about this one? How is Household Customer service for their credit cards?

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

My CompUSA is issued through Household Bank. I have never had any problem with them. The first time my husband and I purchased our computer I thought I could make payment at the store. You can't. I called customer service and explained the situation. The agent said if they received the payment within five days she would drop the late charge and any finance charges. And they did. I always send the check 7 days before the due date and had never had any problems with them withholding payments or not receiving them. Also statements are received in a timely fashion. So no problems here. Hope this helps.

Dani

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I have a household bank card. I haven't had any problems with customer service. My increases have been slow. But I never asked for one either. You can pay your bill online which is a plus for me. I'm dropping all accounts without online access for payment. Too much hassle sending payments. Boy, am I lazy! hehehe

Kelly

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Thanks Dani and Kelly, does anyone know if Household is buying Providian? Did it already buy Union State Bank?

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I had a GMCard with them two months and I don't have any problems with them. You can pay on-line on their web sites and payment deduct from your checking account. By the way, you don't expect they give you a higher credit lines.

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Mike:

Rumor has it that Household is suppose to buy Providence Bank not Providian. There was some misinformation given on the board a couple of weeks ago. I don't know the status of Union State Bank though.

Dani

7. T.K.

T.K. Guest

Misinformation?? Posted here??
    Ah, Roni HAS to post, whether she knows what she's saying or not.
    It's a compulsion we have to live with in order for her to grace us with her presence. She has SO MUCH to share. Where would this board be without Roni?