Household Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, I just got a card from this bank and I was wondering how long do they take to post payments? My AMEX and Discover payments usually post the day after they get them. Does anyone know if Household posts mail payments right away or do they take a couple of days?

Thanks.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I have a Union Plus card with Household Bank and I've never had a problem. The payments I send by mail post very promptly. For example, I can send in a payment on Wednesday and it's posted to my account by Friday. The payment address is very close. I live in the Los Angeles area and my payments go to an office in Anaheim.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Donna

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

If you make on-line payment on their website and it took three business days to post it.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

long time

LA TO ANAHEIM...2 DAYS VIA LONG BEACH MAIL CENTER IS STILL A LONG TIME...

Sometimes WHITTIER to WHITTIER via LONG BEACH MAIL CENTER took 3 days...GO FIGURE

:(

Donna I'LL be FLYING INTO LAX this summer for a graduation, i'll wave to you...

:)

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Re: long time

I think it all depends on the post office you're mailing from. I used to mail my Citibank payments from one post office and it took 7-8 business days to go from NY to Nevada so I constantly worried about late payments. I agree that this is a big distance, but 7-8 days is unacceptable. Get this, the new post office that I mail my Citibank payments sends them to Nevada in 2-3 business days. What a difference just one post office makes!!!

6. carlo

carlo Guest

Re: long time

I use Bank of America's online/internet banking and bill pay system. For Visa/MC accounts it's great because they electronically send the funds into my account. If I tell them to transmit a payment to XYZ Visa on the 3rd, they process the request and actually take out the money on the 4th and the funds are posted to XYZ Visa on the 4th or 5th at the latest. It's nice because one company tried to nail me with a $30 late fee so I introduced them to my personal 600 pound gorilla named BofA! LOL The late fee never materialized and my record with them shows perfect payment history :)