Household card/orchard bank approve

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Aug 20, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I applied for the household card a few weeks ago. I have 636 experian, pulled, $1000 limit approval.

I'm going to quite applying now. I have more cards than i can deal with, and most will sit idle from now on since i just BT'd all my balances together, and i'm going to be paying 20% of my balances per month down until its zero (or xmas arrives).

Terms suck, but if you have derogs, its not a bad line. $59 yearly fee, which they'll cut as soon as i get the card or i'll cancel it.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Good Luck sam, I couldn't get them to drop it. I did demand a higher limit or I was going to cancel. They gave me a big $200 extra. At the 6 month mark, I will call back for an increase.

3. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I have had the household card for 6 months, BUT, it was bought from another CC company so I actually had the CC for 3 years. 550.00 Limit.

I called today for 'retention'....3 years, never a late payment, currently have a .60 cent CREDIT on account.

Rep said NO WAY to dropping the yearly fee -"we do not do that. period" I was told. She siad they did not offer retention and that she would close my card and issue me a refund for my .60 cent credit and last years 59.00 fee. Weird.

Maybe I just got a bad rep or something, she kept putting me on hold to ask her 'supervisor' questions, so maybe she was new.

Shawn

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

oh i have an orchard card to. I got it it sucked. I told them to cancel it. Their option was :

1. Refund the yearly fee.
    2. Credit increase.

I'd like to establish a relationship with household in case i need to finance a used/new car purchase...

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Household wouldn't do a thing for the first year...

but after one year... right after my anniversary... I got it rebated.

They won't take it off the account... but they'll rebate it and then warn you it'll be there next year.

Within the first year I never could get that one refunded. I got all Providian refunded and Cap1s refunded... though.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

im not terribly worried about the rebate.

Their card is decent. $59 yearly fee. $1000 limit (i called and asked). 18.9% Average daily balance (!! Note they no long two-cycle!! ).

I've paid more for other banks, and hopefully i can get a car loan with the good repetoire with their company at a reasonable rate in the long future.

7. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

What is the website for Household bank?

8. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Speaking of, do you have an 800 number for Orchard/HH? I applied online for a card with them, did the $19 processing fee thing (which they've cashed) and havent heard sqaut for 3 weeks....

Deb

9. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i cut my card up and threw it away, (heh) my orchard. if you go to www.householdcard.com and skim through the site you'll get their non-1-800 customer service line.

both cards have the same # , btw. If you get two of the cards, the second is likely to have a much higher limit.

wierd folks, pretty friendly, but i keep use to a minimum, like an emergency or layoff. Their online site access is okay at best (accountcenteronline.com, hmm the ripped the citi bank site!)

11. making

making Well-Known Member

orchard retention: 1 800 597 1122
    ultra secret 800 number for customer service is: 800-216-1013.

-scott

12. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info... and UltraSecretNumber is So correct; I've been digging around that website looking for someone to bitch, er I mean, ask about the status of my app. All I could find was the toll number.

I'm not too sure I even want the damn card now.

Deb

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Sounds FINE Sam!!!

Those are very reasonable terms overall, Sam!
    I'll snap their site to read up.

thx as always - dogman

14. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Re: Sounds FINE Sam!!!

I called back...the 800 number on the card. The rep I got was a little better, canceled the 'cancel' on my card, and reffered the credit department to call me tomorrow and see a bout an increase. I'll post the results when I hear. Rate is now 18.99, going to try and get a reduction.

The new rep said they had just bought/merged a few credit card companies and increases had been on a 'hold' for a while as they sorted everything out but that they were giving them again.

We'll see...

Shawn

15. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Re: Sounds FINE Sam!!!

I have a household card - Last year I called to cancel the card. They increased my limit and reversed the annual fee. maybe they don't do that anymore - we'll see. It's coming up on annual fee time again!