Household G. Mastercard Upgradable?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Peachkiwi, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Peachkiwi

Peachkiwi Well-Known Member

I received an offer for a Household Platinum with an introductory APR of 0% on credit purchases and balance transfers through March 2004 and a 6.9% fixed APR thereafter. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the HH Gold to the Platinum without generating an inquiry?

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

It is a good offer from Household. I have both GM Mastercard and Household Bank Gold MC both don't have 6.9%.Don't have a chance to ask for upgradeable for both of my cards.

Ron.

3. Peachkiwi

Peachkiwi Well-Known Member

Is there any particular reason why you don't have a chance? I called them and was told that based on the account that I have I could not upgrade. I ask the HH rep why--He wasn't able to tell me the reason. In any case, I decided to apply because there were no justification in keeping a card with an APR of 14.74% and a measly CL of $3500

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Never thought to upgrade my account into Platinum because they haven't increased credit limit for 2 yrs for my GM Mastercard. I guess they don't like to increase credit limit. By the way, I don't use the card too often because the card doesn't give cash back.

Ron.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have this card 0 for six months the problem is the go to rate 14.7% thereafter. I think that I will close the account after the promo (Dec 2003).