How bad is this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by poiie, Apr 24, 2000.

1. poiie

poiie Guest

I have made the mistake of being overdrawn on my credit card 3 times in the past 4 months because I made a friend I thought was responsible, an authorised user. This has since changed. I would like to know what negative effect, If any, it would have on my credit with the Bureau and with my credit card company. I have never missed any payments.Thank you.

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

As long as you made your payments on time and paid all of the 'over the limit' fees, there should be nothing derogatory reported to the CRAs. Actually you bank probably loves you for generating all of that extra income.

As for your friend, I would suggest getting them off of your account as soon as possible. You don't need 'friends' like that.

3. buzzweiser

buzzweiser Guest

I have gone over limit on my card too never late and always pay 100% over min payment... theey refused me a credit limit increase siting the reason as being overlimit

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member

I think you are both right...it may not get reported (though if I'm a creditor, I'm looking carefully at credit limit and high credit notations...), but you gotta' know they are keeping track of it for other decisions...

It also seems more and more cards are now using that as another reason to jack up your interest rate...