How can I achieve my true FICO

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jan 30, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I was approved by my CU for a car loan but I was never told what my score was. Should I call up now and find out?

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

RE: How can I achieve my true

It worked for me.

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

RE: How can I achieve my true

I tried and told gave me some excuse that the CB has that informatin. I called the CB (Experian) and they told me that the Creditor has that information.

I give up!

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I got my score twice.

Once when buying a car and once when applying for a loan at the Credit Union. In both cases, the person helping me ran the credit report right in front of me and let me see the results. I don't think I would have been successful asking after the fact.

Good luck

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: I got my score twice.

Its common to do this, but in the agreement with the credit bureaus, the reps agree to never EVER ever ever show the report to you. They can get in trouble :) Just keep it on the low low.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you were able to get the "TOP SECRET FICO SCORE" you may be able to "DECODE" the secrets...

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Not only did my car rep tell me my score, but she printed out the entire form for me - complete with codes, score etc...

I was priviledged. And you're right. If someone does that for you, you should keep it on the down low.

Marci

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I agree sam.

I would never mention seeing my FICO scores except here on the board. Thanks for the thoughts.